May 30, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
The Spurs made their adjustments after Game 1, came out and dropped 120 on the Thunder in Game 2. Then to a man the Spurs came to the podium and said just what Tony Parker does above — “we just had a good game as a team.” Just kind of “aw, shucks.”
Durant, he’s not had a lot of fun in San Antonio. It’s pretty clear.
The Thunder are not out of this — if they can defend better on their home court they can make this a series again. The young team gets a real boost from the home crowd. But this is on them because the Spurs will come out in Game 3 and play just like they did in games 1 and 2. They are not coming back to the pack, the Thunder need to step it up.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34