May 30, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
The Spurs made their adjustments after Game 1, came out and dropped 120 on the Thunder in Game 2. Then to a man the Spurs came to the podium and said just what Tony Parker does above — “we just had a good game as a team.” Just kind of “aw, shucks.”
Durant, he’s not had a lot of fun in San Antonio. It’s pretty clear.
The Thunder are not out of this — if they can defend better on their home court they can make this a series again. The young team gets a real boost from the home crowd. But this is on them because the Spurs will come out in Game 3 and play just like they did in games 1 and 2. They are not coming back to the pack, the Thunder need to step it up.
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 6
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 13
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9