May 30, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
There were moments in the fourth quarter when the Thunder looked like a team that could make a comeback. They were cutting off the lane, forcing contested jumpers, getting some points in transition. There seemed to be hope. Faint hope down 7 with 1:30 left to go, but we saw what the Thunder did to the Lakers at the end of games.
Then Manu Ginobili stuck a dagger three in that hope.
Any that was remaining Tony Parker did away with when he got in the lane next possession.
OKC needs to find a way to rekindle that flame of hope at home, and quickly turn it into a fire.
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 8
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 11
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 39
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6