May 30, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
There were moments in the fourth quarter when the Thunder looked like a team that could make a comeback. They were cutting off the lane, forcing contested jumpers, getting some points in transition. There seemed to be hope. Faint hope down 7 with 1:30 left to go, but we saw what the Thunder did to the Lakers at the end of games.
Then Manu Ginobili stuck a dagger three in that hope.
Any that was remaining Tony Parker did away with when he got in the lane next possession.
OKC needs to find a way to rekindle that flame of hope at home, and quickly turn it into a fire.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10