May 30, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
There were moments in the fourth quarter when the Thunder looked like a team that could make a comeback. They were cutting off the lane, forcing contested jumpers, getting some points in transition. There seemed to be hope. Faint hope down 7 with 1:30 left to go, but we saw what the Thunder did to the Lakers at the end of games.
Then Manu Ginobili stuck a dagger three in that hope.
Any that was remaining Tony Parker did away with when he got in the lane next possession.
OKC needs to find a way to rekindle that flame of hope at home, and quickly turn it into a fire.
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 10
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 29