May 30, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
There were moments in the fourth quarter when the Thunder looked like a team that could make a comeback. They were cutting off the lane, forcing contested jumpers, getting some points in transition. There seemed to be hope. Faint hope down 7 with 1:30 left to go, but we saw what the Thunder did to the Lakers at the end of games.
Then Manu Ginobili stuck a dagger three in that hope.
Any that was remaining Tony Parker did away with when he got in the lane next possession.
OKC needs to find a way to rekindle that flame of hope at home, and quickly turn it into a fire.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 6
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 18
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2