May 30, 2012, 10:35 AM EDT
Cue Henny Youngman: Take our bad contracts — please.
The Wizards need to remake their roster and they are actively trying to get rid of their two biggest remaining contract errors one way or another, reports the Washington Post.
But according to multiple league sources, the team will look to move Lewis and Blatche prior to the draft before paying them not to play for the organization. Grunfeld intimated last month that Blatche could return.
Smart to try and get something for those guys. Anything, really. Some team may take on Lewis just to buy him out themselves, for the cost savings. Blatche… good luck. In both cases if it doesn’t work they need to cut the cord.
The Wizards need to reshape the locker room. The culture in there was toxic, with poor preparation and a real lack of professionalism. You can say they are paying too much for Nene but he is a quality NBA big man and is a professional who shows up to work prepared to work. They need that influence.
Which is why I don’t get Washington considering bringing the talented but mercurial Blatche back. Yes, there is talent there but this is about changing the culture. They need to move on.
What would really speed that process along is winning the draft lottery Wednesday. But that’s another story.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32