May 30, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
Williams took to twitter to answer the claim.
I would love to know who Adrian Wojnarowski source is bc he knows more about what I’m thinking then I do, maybe they can help me decide?
These things are always shades of gray, not black and white. Like life itself. Of course, if the Nets could get Howard it really would help make up William’s mind.
12:02 pm: Deron Williams apparently wants to win now. Not three years from now, not waiting for Anthony Davis to develop, but now.
If the Brooklyn Nets win the No. 1 pick in the NBA’s draft lottery on Wednesday night – and the chance to secure Kentucky center Anthony Davis – it won’t be enough for Williams to sign a contract extension, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
“It’s Dwight Howard or bust,” said a league source who has spoken to Williams.
Which would make things really, really interesting if the Nets did get the top pick. They would then have to choose the slower but potentially longer-term reward of building around Davis — considered one of the best big men to come out of college in a decade and a likely franchise cornerstone — or flipping him to Orlando (with other parts) for Dwight Howard and the chance to be contenders now.
If the Nets land the second or third pick — they have a 25 percent chance of landing in the top 3 — then the idea of trying to flip it is easier. At least from their end. Until the Magic get a general manager everything in Orlando is up in the air.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 23
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49