May 30, 2012, 6:29 PM EST
Williams took to twitter to answer the claim.
I would love to know who Adrian Wojnarowski source is bc he knows more about what I’m thinking then I do, maybe they can help me decide?
These things are always shades of gray, not black and white. Like life itself. Of course, if the Nets could get Howard it really would help make up William’s mind.
12:02 pm: Deron Williams apparently wants to win now. Not three years from now, not waiting for Anthony Davis to develop, but now.
If the Brooklyn Nets win the No. 1 pick in the NBA’s draft lottery on Wednesday night – and the chance to secure Kentucky center Anthony Davis – it won’t be enough for Williams to sign a contract extension, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
“It’s Dwight Howard or bust,” said a league source who has spoken to Williams.
Which would make things really, really interesting if the Nets did get the top pick. They would then have to choose the slower but potentially longer-term reward of building around Davis — considered one of the best big men to come out of college in a decade and a likely franchise cornerstone — or flipping him to Orlando (with other parts) for Dwight Howard and the chance to be contenders now.
If the Nets land the second or third pick — they have a 25 percent chance of landing in the top 3 — then the idea of trying to flip it is easier. At least from their end. Until the Magic get a general manager everything in Orlando is up in the air.
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 4
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 3
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 12
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 28
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)