May 30, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
Williams took to twitter to answer the claim.
I would love to know who Adrian Wojnarowski source is bc he knows more about what I’m thinking then I do, maybe they can help me decide?
These things are always shades of gray, not black and white. Like life itself. Of course, if the Nets could get Howard it really would help make up William’s mind.
12:02 pm: Deron Williams apparently wants to win now. Not three years from now, not waiting for Anthony Davis to develop, but now.
If the Brooklyn Nets win the No. 1 pick in the NBA’s draft lottery on Wednesday night – and the chance to secure Kentucky center Anthony Davis – it won’t be enough for Williams to sign a contract extension, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
“It’s Dwight Howard or bust,” said a league source who has spoken to Williams.
Which would make things really, really interesting if the Nets did get the top pick. They would then have to choose the slower but potentially longer-term reward of building around Davis — considered one of the best big men to come out of college in a decade and a likely franchise cornerstone — or flipping him to Orlando (with other parts) for Dwight Howard and the chance to be contenders now.
If the Nets land the second or third pick — they have a 25 percent chance of landing in the top 3 — then the idea of trying to flip it is easier. At least from their end. Until the Magic get a general manager everything in Orlando is up in the air.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 3
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15