May 30, 2012, 6:44 PM EDT
And now Doc Rivers? Come on Basketball Gods, show some mercy.
The Celtics have lost four players to season ending surgery and have a couple of key guys dragging injured bodies through the playoffs. And now you can add Doc Rivers to the list, reports the Boston Herald.
Rivers told the Herald he has been diagnosed with a herniated disc and that he took an epidural to relieve the pain.
“It’s been going on for about four weeks,” he said. “I think it was in Game 4 or 5 against Philly that it really got bad, so I just went in and took the shot.”
Doc has always been a players’ coach, but this is really taking things too far. Then again, he was healthy enough to pick up a Game 1 technical.
He may need offseason surgery to fix the problem. But like his players he refuses to use it as an excuse.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 0
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18