DeShawn Stevenson has an ATM in his kitchen. No lie.

May 30, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT

Stevenson ATM

We mock NBA players for the way they go through money like it was water, the way they own a Bentley and an Escalade — and that’s just at their summer home in LA. We act as if we were millionaires at age 23 we would have been prudent and invested our money wisely, when the fact is most of us would have been just like them. I found ridiculous ways to waste money at 23 and I was broke.

But dude, an ATM in your kitchen?

DeShawn Stevenson had this picture (right) of him get out on the Web — and he was probably pretty proud of his hipster look. Lime green shirt, rocking the bowtie, pants rolled up just because. (Photo via The Big Lead)

But we all see the ATM in his kitchen, right? ATM. In. Your. Kitchen.

And not a BofA ATM, but the kind you use in desperation at the gas station or back of the club that costs you $2.50 every time you use it. You know DeShawn is paying that, right? He’s made more than $25 million in his career, he’s got a ring, so you think he’s worried about the $2.50 fee? He’s not even blinking.

Got to say, for a hipster, the ATM in the kitchen blows away the black glasses frames with no lenses.

1. xxbomberxx - May 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I want to defend this so very bad…. but how. How…..

• xxbomberxx - May 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Maybe its just… art… yeah thats it… some people have coffee tables some have ATM’s.

• 24thesho - May 31, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Perhaps he’s one of the investors that uses his own product in his house. Just maybe, he is making part of that $2.50 fee in dozens of other places around the country where those ATMs are getting used constantly?

• Zammael - May 30, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Easy. Just say he charges 2.50 per use. :)

• p1nch3dloaf - May 31, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Comes in handy for poker night…especially if he’s playing with a bunch of donkeys who often go busto.

2. phaden27 - May 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM

: /

3. ss3walkman - May 30, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Lame

4. blakspartan - May 30, 2012 at 1:14 PM

A fool and his money is soon parted

• kappneffect - May 30, 2012 at 2:04 PM

“are” soon parted. (Sorry)

• Zammael - May 30, 2012 at 8:09 PM

A fool and his money is a combination soon invited to parties. ;)

5. jpietrefesa - May 30, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I love how all these NBA guys want to dress like “hipsters” yet they still act like ghetto trash. Don’t dress like that if you’re still gonna act gangster

• gpack17 - May 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM

So can hipsters not be “gangsta”? And, though I’m not entirely sure what you’re referring to, it seems you’re implying having a gag ATM in your kitchen “gangsta;” what makes that so? Did Tony Soprano have one in his kitchen? Did he dress “gangsta”? I have a gag PacMan machine in my basement, old school, I’ve got to pay quarters and everything. Does that make me a “gangsta?”

Please, explain to me.

• bigmeechy74 - May 31, 2012 at 12:05 AM

That was incredibly racist

• 24thesho - May 31, 2012 at 8:26 AM

I’m sorry, what is the difference between “Ghetto” trash and “White” trash, again? Was your manhood threatened again?

6. jesuscakes - May 30, 2012 at 1:16 PM

It costs $65 a month to lease a ATM for any location. That’s not that large a sum when you are a millionaire.

• dgforreal - May 30, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Do the people that lease the ATM get a cut of the charges for using it? If so then depending on how it’s used it could actually be making the guy some money.

In any case, not a bad investment at all. If I could do it, I would. The convenience makes up for the cost although I’m sure these guys carry enough plastic to buy and sell me a few times.

• 700levelvet - May 31, 2012 at 10:12 AM

He’s made over 25 MILLION in his career…….I’m sure the 2.50 transaction fee is putting him in Warren Buffet territory now…….Too damn funny…..He did is for the same reason he dresses like a fool and takes a pic in front of it……So, Idiots like you rationalize it as some sort of genius……It’s two dollars and fifty cents, have you ever used an ATM?……..Hilarious

• dgforreal - May 31, 2012 at 1:12 PM

U mad?

7. mervsvikes - May 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM

It’s a great way to keep track of his cash that he has already withdrawn and loaded into the machine and a great way to make $2.50 off of his buddies.

8. drunkenjunk - May 30, 2012 at 1:26 PM

maybe he doesn’t like banks. Either way Deshawn is the man for punkin bron last year.

9. trybe29dr - May 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Whats next? Having an ATM installed in the trunk of the car?

10. blueintown - May 30, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Judging by the outfit, I’m guessing the ATM is meant to be ironic.

11. playin2x - May 30, 2012 at 1:44 PM

5 years from now he is going through bankruptcy court …

12. canehouse - May 30, 2012 at 1:47 PM

UN-FU@#ING-REAL!!!!

13. eshine76 - May 30, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Maybe its so his broke friends don’t borrow from him or for poker night. He is a former Wizard… Maybe he installed that so there would be no more Javaris Crittenden incidents over gambling debts.

• duane888 - Jun 1, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I was thinking the exact same thing, for his broke ass friends.

14. toegoat - May 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM

U mean he couldn’t have just put a whole bank in there? What a cheapskate!

15. mytthor - May 30, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Maybe he enforces that $500 per day limit to control his spending.

16. ezmagic - May 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Thanks Kurt…..there’s no telling what I’d have in my kitchen or house if I had tens/hundreds of millions of $.

17. xxbomberxx - May 30, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Yeah Im sure that as a 23 year old with 25 million all of our houses would be stocked with vast libraries and hundreds of leather bound books, classy decor, and maybe the modest cappuccino machine.. you know to help us through those late nights of studying for our degrees.

18. tampajoey - May 30, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Oh… i thought it said DeShawn Stevenson does ATM in his kitchen.

19. klownboy - May 30, 2012 at 3:22 PM

NIIIIICE. If THAT is not cool, then I don’t know what is…

• duane888 - Jun 1, 2012 at 12:44 AM

An actual telephone booth.

20. glink123 - May 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I heard LeBron’s mom does ATM…wait for it…in Delonte West’s bedroom.

21. pmad1 - May 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM

What if nfc he.likes to gamble our play cards? Or if he had cheap friends or doesn’t want to get robbed?

22. lmvs2012 - May 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM

This is dope!..IMAO!

23. ragingmouse - May 30, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Now I know what ATM stands for:

A
    TOTAL
    MORON

24. Gordon - May 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Dumb mf’er

25. ctw3786 - May 30, 2012 at 9:14 PM

It’s stupid because its an easy way to blow through your money, which we all know most NBA players do, but anyone can buy an ATM, and put it anywhere to make money. You don’t lease it or pay a fee to take out your money unless you want to. Although, the bank where you have your money may charge you to take money out from ATMs other than theirs. If you have enough money, buy am ATM, put it in a store, and collect money from the fees

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches