May 30, 2012, 1:03 PM EST
We mock NBA players for the way they go through money like it was water, the way they own a Bentley and an Escalade — and that’s just at their summer home in LA. We act as if we were millionaires at age 23 we would have been prudent and invested our money wisely, when the fact is most of us would have been just like them. I found ridiculous ways to waste money at 23 and I was broke.
But dude, an ATM in your kitchen?
DeShawn Stevenson had this picture (right) of him get out on the Web — and he was probably pretty proud of his hipster look. Lime green shirt, rocking the bowtie, pants rolled up just because. (Photo via The Big Lead)
But we all see the ATM in his kitchen, right? ATM. In. Your. Kitchen.
And not a BofA ATM, but the kind you use in desperation at the gas station or back of the club that costs you $2.50 every time you use it. You know DeShawn is paying that, right? He’s made more than $25 million in his career, he’s got a ring, so you think he’s worried about the $2.50 fee? He’s not even blinking.
Got to say, for a hipster, the ATM in the kitchen blows away the black glasses frames with no lenses.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 0
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 2
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 26
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 7
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)