May 30, 2012, 1:03 PM EST
We mock NBA players for the way they go through money like it was water, the way they own a Bentley and an Escalade — and that’s just at their summer home in LA. We act as if we were millionaires at age 23 we would have been prudent and invested our money wisely, when the fact is most of us would have been just like them. I found ridiculous ways to waste money at 23 and I was broke.
But dude, an ATM in your kitchen?
DeShawn Stevenson had this picture (right) of him get out on the Web — and he was probably pretty proud of his hipster look. Lime green shirt, rocking the bowtie, pants rolled up just because. (Photo via The Big Lead)
But we all see the ATM in his kitchen, right? ATM. In. Your. Kitchen.
And not a BofA ATM, but the kind you use in desperation at the gas station or back of the club that costs you $2.50 every time you use it. You know DeShawn is paying that, right? He’s made more than $25 million in his career, he’s got a ring, so you think he’s worried about the $2.50 fee? He’s not even blinking.
Got to say, for a hipster, the ATM in the kitchen blows away the black glasses frames with no lenses.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 7
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 1
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9