May 30, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
We mock NBA players for the way they go through money like it was water, the way they own a Bentley and an Escalade — and that’s just at their summer home in LA. We act as if we were millionaires at age 23 we would have been prudent and invested our money wisely, when the fact is most of us would have been just like them. I found ridiculous ways to waste money at 23 and I was broke.
But dude, an ATM in your kitchen?
DeShawn Stevenson had this picture (right) of him get out on the Web — and he was probably pretty proud of his hipster look. Lime green shirt, rocking the bowtie, pants rolled up just because. (Photo via The Big Lead)
But we all see the ATM in his kitchen, right? ATM. In. Your. Kitchen.
And not a BofA ATM, but the kind you use in desperation at the gas station or back of the club that costs you $2.50 every time you use it. You know DeShawn is paying that, right? He’s made more than $25 million in his career, he’s got a ring, so you think he’s worried about the $2.50 fee? He’s not even blinking.
Got to say, for a hipster, the ATM in the kitchen blows away the black glasses frames with no lenses.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11