May 29, 2012, 3:35 PM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Celtics fans, you better not be hoping that the zone defense is your silver bullet, because it’s not.
• What should really worry Celtics fans is that the Heat didn’t play all that well.
• Report that Andre Drummond — the UConn big man who will go between 2 and 5 in the draft — has dropped 22 pounds working out since the season ended. You can look at that two ways. Some will say he is showing his potential and commitment. To me, I worry about guys that slacked off in the regular season then started working out and doing things right when the draft and money are on the line. What happens when they get their big deal and get comfortable?
• If your team needs the kind of player who takes shots that fans think are fun and makes coaches cringe, we have your man — the Magic have released Von Wafer.
• Summer League favorite Tony Gaffney reportedly will play for the Jazz this summer.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 0
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7