May 29, 2012, 3:35 PM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Celtics fans, you better not be hoping that the zone defense is your silver bullet, because it’s not.
• What should really worry Celtics fans is that the Heat didn’t play all that well.
• Report that Andre Drummond — the UConn big man who will go between 2 and 5 in the draft — has dropped 22 pounds working out since the season ended. You can look at that two ways. Some will say he is showing his potential and commitment. To me, I worry about guys that slacked off in the regular season then started working out and doing things right when the draft and money are on the line. What happens when they get their big deal and get comfortable?
• If your team needs the kind of player who takes shots that fans think are fun and makes coaches cringe, we have your man — the Magic have released Von Wafer.
• Summer League favorite Tony Gaffney reportedly will play for the Jazz this summer.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 21
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 11
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 3
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 21
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (42)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)