May 29, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Celtics fans, you better not be hoping that the zone defense is your silver bullet, because it’s not.
• What should really worry Celtics fans is that the Heat didn’t play all that well.
• Report that Andre Drummond — the UConn big man who will go between 2 and 5 in the draft — has dropped 22 pounds working out since the season ended. You can look at that two ways. Some will say he is showing his potential and commitment. To me, I worry about guys that slacked off in the regular season then started working out and doing things right when the draft and money are on the line. What happens when they get their big deal and get comfortable?
• If your team needs the kind of player who takes shots that fans think are fun and makes coaches cringe, we have your man — the Magic have released Von Wafer.
• Summer League favorite Tony Gaffney reportedly will play for the Jazz this summer.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 9
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 12
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 17
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11