May 29, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
Take this rumor with some salt Bulls fans. In fact, you may want to take the entire Morton’s Salt facility off the Kennedy Expressway. Lakers fans can just ignore.
It’s know the Lakers are going to shop Pau Gasol around this summer as they look to revamp their roster. With that background we bring you Sam Smith — a guy known for wild speculation — now writing at Bulls.com:
The interesting part, according to Lakers’ insiders, is Gasol would like to play for the Bulls. And what you hardly need any sources for is to see how he and Bryant basically can’t stand one another.
In theory, Gasol would be a fantastic fit for the Bulls — he would get them paint points from the block and he is dangerous on the pick-and-pop. He’s versatile and while Kobe Bryant may have soured on him, it’s a little Joni Mitchel for them — they won’t know what they got until it’s gone.
No Bulls fans, the Lakers are not taking Carlos Boozer off your hands. Don’t even bother. To make this deal work the Bulls would have to trade Luol Deng, plus to make the salaries balance Chicago would have to throw in someone Ronnie Brewer or a pick. Would Chicago pay that price? Deng is a great fit with Rose, Brewer brings defense and energy, and everyone needs picks. And Gasol is 32 with a deal that expires after a couple expensive years.
This has about as much chance of happening as Kim Kardashian winning an Emmy. The Bulls may stand a better chance of landing Dwight Howard, and that’s not happening either. But this is not the only crazy rumor we will see in the coming months.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 7
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 10
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8