May 29, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
The rumor has been the Portland Trail Blazers first choice to fill their permanent general manager seat is one current GM from Los Angeles.
But this is not the one we were thinking of. From the twitter of Ken Berger of CBSSports.com.
Also, league sources say Clippers GM Neil Olshey met with Portland owner Paul Allen in London recently about the Blazers’ GM opening.
Olshey seems to come up in a number of GM conversations.
Olshey has done a good job as the head of the Clippers, and not just with the Chris Paul trade or bringing in guys like Caron Butler, Mo Williams and making a trade for Nick Young. His work has been bigger than that — this was a franchise that needed an overhaul of the entire culture and Olshey has been at the heart of that.
Of course, that doesn’t qualify him to get along with Paul Allen.
The Trail Blazers let go of two well-respected GMs — Kevin Pritchard and Rich Cho — and has had the interim Chad Buchanan in that role for nearly a year. He’s done a good job, so the Blazers are now looking for someone else.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 9
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 28
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17