May 29, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
The rumor has been the Portland Trail Blazers first choice to fill their permanent general manager seat is one current GM from Los Angeles.
But this is not the one we were thinking of. From the twitter of Ken Berger of CBSSports.com.
Also, league sources say Clippers GM Neil Olshey met with Portland owner Paul Allen in London recently about the Blazers’ GM opening.
Olshey seems to come up in a number of GM conversations.
Olshey has done a good job as the head of the Clippers, and not just with the Chris Paul trade or bringing in guys like Caron Butler, Mo Williams and making a trade for Nick Young. His work has been bigger than that — this was a franchise that needed an overhaul of the entire culture and Olshey has been at the heart of that.
Of course, that doesn’t qualify him to get along with Paul Allen.
The Trail Blazers let go of two well-respected GMs — Kevin Pritchard and Rich Cho — and has had the interim Chad Buchanan in that role for nearly a year. He’s done a good job, so the Blazers are now looking for someone else.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50