May 29, 2012, 11:47 AM EDT
If you are going to beat the Heat, you have to turn them into jump shooters. If Dwyane Wade and LeBron James are getting dunks and layups you are in trouble. Even Ronny Turiaf makes his dunks. You have to push them out away from the hoop.
Boston didn’t do that in Game 1, Miami got in the lane and did what they wanted. The Heat had 42 points in the paint. Wade showed off his floater, LeBron worked from the post, the pair drove all the way to the rim off the bounce, cutters were diving down the lane all game.
“Nothing dirty,” Rondo said… “but they have to hit the deck, too.”
He was not the only guy talking about bringing a little of the Pacers series back to the Heat.
It’s a good theory, but….
First, Wade and particularly LeBron take the contact and still score as well as any players in the league. You don’t want to give them a lot of and-1 opportunities. Then there is the fact you’re risking foul trouble for key guys.
I think we’ll see a closer game, I think we’ll see more Greg Stiemsma, I think we’ll see the Celtics hold and grab and do everything they can to disrupt the Heat on offense. The Celtics will even got to some zone, which they surprisingly rolled out in the fourth quarter. They will again try to grind the game down to a halt.
But I’m still not sold that will be enough.
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 0
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 6
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 5
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 5
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm