May 29, 2012, 10:22 AM EST
That would make them a lot better (especially defensively with Bogut), but it’s just the first step. The next one is to bring in some veteran role players so they get more production around their stars.
But we need a couple of veteran players on our team … And I’m not talking about guys that are 35, 36 years old. I’m talking about people that have some life left in them, that can really contribute, and give our coach some players that can do the intangible things a heck of a lot better than some of the players we have. We have the youngest team in the league, I believe – we’re gonna get a little bit younger in the draft this year, but having said that we can’t rely on having the youngest team in the league every year. We have to start producing.
You can see the Warriors being a very improved team next season, a playoff team. There are just a whole lot of “ifs” that have to fall into place for them. Including adding some stable veterans off the bench.
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 1
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 1
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)