May 29, 2012, 10:22 AM EDT
That would make them a lot better (especially defensively with Bogut), but it’s just the first step. The next one is to bring in some veteran role players so they get more production around their stars.
But we need a couple of veteran players on our team … And I’m not talking about guys that are 35, 36 years old. I’m talking about people that have some life left in them, that can really contribute, and give our coach some players that can do the intangible things a heck of a lot better than some of the players we have. We have the youngest team in the league, I believe – we’re gonna get a little bit younger in the draft this year, but having said that we can’t rely on having the youngest team in the league every year. We have to start producing.
You can see the Warriors being a very improved team next season, a playoff team. There are just a whole lot of “ifs” that have to fall into place for them. Including adding some stable veterans off the bench.
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 5
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 30
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 9
- Clippers put on offensive showcase, take Game 1 vs. Spurs 10
- Grizzlies overpower Blazers for commanding series-opening win 7