May 29, 2012, 10:22 AM EDT
That would make them a lot better (especially defensively with Bogut), but it’s just the first step. The next one is to bring in some veteran role players so they get more production around their stars.
But we need a couple of veteran players on our team … And I’m not talking about guys that are 35, 36 years old. I’m talking about people that have some life left in them, that can really contribute, and give our coach some players that can do the intangible things a heck of a lot better than some of the players we have. We have the youngest team in the league, I believe – we’re gonna get a little bit younger in the draft this year, but having said that we can’t rely on having the youngest team in the league every year. We have to start producing.
You can see the Warriors being a very improved team next season, a playoff team. There are just a whole lot of “ifs” that have to fall into place for them. Including adding some stable veterans off the bench.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11