May 29, 2012, 10:22 AM EDT
That would make them a lot better (especially defensively with Bogut), but it’s just the first step. The next one is to bring in some veteran role players so they get more production around their stars.
But we need a couple of veteran players on our team … And I’m not talking about guys that are 35, 36 years old. I’m talking about people that have some life left in them, that can really contribute, and give our coach some players that can do the intangible things a heck of a lot better than some of the players we have. We have the youngest team in the league, I believe – we’re gonna get a little bit younger in the draft this year, but having said that we can’t rely on having the youngest team in the league every year. We have to start producing.
You can see the Warriors being a very improved team next season, a playoff team. There are just a whole lot of “ifs” that have to fall into place for them. Including adding some stable veterans off the bench.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 52