May 29, 2012, 10:22 AM EDT
That would make them a lot better (especially defensively with Bogut), but it’s just the first step. The next one is to bring in some veteran role players so they get more production around their stars.
But we need a couple of veteran players on our team … And I’m not talking about guys that are 35, 36 years old. I’m talking about people that have some life left in them, that can really contribute, and give our coach some players that can do the intangible things a heck of a lot better than some of the players we have. We have the youngest team in the league, I believe – we’re gonna get a little bit younger in the draft this year, but having said that we can’t rely on having the youngest team in the league every year. We have to start producing.
You can see the Warriors being a very improved team next season, a playoff team. There are just a whole lot of “ifs” that have to fall into place for them. Including adding some stable veterans off the bench.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30