May 28, 2012, 3:04 PM EDT
There is something fitting about the aging powerhouse Celtics taking on the new team on the block, the Heat, for the right to go to the NBA finals. Sure, the Heat were there last year but this feels like a “passing the torch” moment.
Which Wade gets but then says something odd about it. From the Boston Globe.
“Inevitable. It’s the matchup the game of basketball wants,” Wade said Sunday afternoon….
Added Heat coach Erik Spoelstra: “Was there any doubt that it’d be us and Boston?”
Inevitable? Derrick Rose and the Bulls would beg to disagree. Which Wade added quickly.
“Obviously, with the Chicago Bulls being out, this is the biggest matchup the Eastern Conference can have. So we accept the challenge and we look forward to the series.”
The Bulls were a legitimate threat to the Heat, but when Rose made a jump stop and his ACL didn’t stop as fast, that threat was over. From there you could see a path for the Celtics to make it to the Eastern Conference finals.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay