May 28, 2012, 10:25 AM EST
When the game was on the line, Oklahoma City just did not have an answer for the herky-jerky style of Manu Ginobili. He had 11 of the Spurs 39 points in the fourth quarter as the Spurs found a system that worked — going small — and came from behind to win Game 1.
Ginobili is just good at everything. He can find his way to the rim (and finishes well), he can step back and hit a midrange shot, he can knock down a three — you can’t take away everything. But the Thunder couldn’t stop anything late and now they are in an 0-1 hole.
Thanks to NBA.com for the video.
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 6
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 15
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1