May 28, 2012, 10:25 AM EST
When the game was on the line, Oklahoma City just did not have an answer for the herky-jerky style of Manu Ginobili. He had 11 of the Spurs 39 points in the fourth quarter as the Spurs found a system that worked — going small — and came from behind to win Game 1.
Ginobili is just good at everything. He can find his way to the rim (and finishes well), he can step back and hit a midrange shot, he can knock down a three — you can’t take away everything. But the Thunder couldn’t stop anything late and now they are in an 0-1 hole.
Thanks to NBA.com for the video.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 14
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 34
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 18
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (34)