May 28, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
The Flaming Lips, an alternative rock band formed in Oklahoma that has won 3 Grammy Awards, have just released a song called “Thunder Up” that can be listened to for free on soundcloud.com.
The band is made up of huge Thunder fans, and they have expressed their love for the team in the past. If you’re a fan of either the Flaming Lips or the Thunder, this could be a pick-me-up after Oklahoma City’s tough game 1 loss, although I still prefer the Trackrunners’ ode to the Golden State Warriors after their 1st-round win over the Dallas Maverick in 2007.
Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie for finding this.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 0
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 13
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 16
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25