May 28, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
The Flaming Lips, an alternative rock band formed in Oklahoma that has won 3 Grammy Awards, have just released a song called “Thunder Up” that can be listened to for free on soundcloud.com.
The band is made up of huge Thunder fans, and they have expressed their love for the team in the past. If you’re a fan of either the Flaming Lips or the Thunder, this could be a pick-me-up after Oklahoma City’s tough game 1 loss, although I still prefer the Trackrunners’ ode to the Golden State Warriors after their 1st-round win over the Dallas Maverick in 2007.
Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie for finding this.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 40
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4