May 28, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
This was expected once the Pacers were eliminated from the playoffs.
Pacers lead assistant coach and former Phil Jackson right hand man Brian Shaw is going to interview for the Charlotte Bobcats coaching job this week, reports ESPN.
They also plan to meet with Lakers assistant Quin Snyder in Chicago before the NBA pre-draft camp the first week in June, sources told ESPN The Magazine’s Chris Broussard.
Shaw has been a top candidate for a couple years now to get a head coaching job (he thought he was going to get the Lakers gig before that housecleaning). It’s likely he gets a shot somewhere this summer, whether that is in Charlotte remains to be seen.
The Bobcats are casting a wide net Also reportedly interviewed have been Jerry Sloan last of the Jazz, Nate McMillan last of the Trail Blazers, Patrick Ewing of the Orlando Magic, Grizzlies’ assistant Dave Joerger, Mike Malone of Golden State, Cleveland’s Nate Tibbetts, St. John’s Mike Dunlap, and Bobcats assistant Stephen Silas (son of former coach Paul Silas). Also linked to the process has been Stan Van Gundy but he is not expected to even interview, he may take a year off.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10