May 28, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
This was expected once the Pacers were eliminated from the playoffs.
Pacers lead assistant coach and former Phil Jackson right hand man Brian Shaw is going to interview for the Charlotte Bobcats coaching job this week, reports ESPN.
They also plan to meet with Lakers assistant Quin Snyder in Chicago before the NBA pre-draft camp the first week in June, sources told ESPN The Magazine’s Chris Broussard.
Shaw has been a top candidate for a couple years now to get a head coaching job (he thought he was going to get the Lakers gig before that housecleaning). It’s likely he gets a shot somewhere this summer, whether that is in Charlotte remains to be seen.
The Bobcats are casting a wide net Also reportedly interviewed have been Jerry Sloan last of the Jazz, Nate McMillan last of the Trail Blazers, Patrick Ewing of the Orlando Magic, Grizzlies’ assistant Dave Joerger, Mike Malone of Golden State, Cleveland’s Nate Tibbetts, St. John’s Mike Dunlap, and Bobcats assistant Stephen Silas (son of former coach Paul Silas). Also linked to the process has been Stan Van Gundy but he is not expected to even interview, he may take a year off.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42