May 28, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
This was expected once the Pacers were eliminated from the playoffs.
Pacers lead assistant coach and former Phil Jackson right hand man Brian Shaw is going to interview for the Charlotte Bobcats coaching job this week, reports ESPN.
They also plan to meet with Lakers assistant Quin Snyder in Chicago before the NBA pre-draft camp the first week in June, sources told ESPN The Magazine’s Chris Broussard.
Shaw has been a top candidate for a couple years now to get a head coaching job (he thought he was going to get the Lakers gig before that housecleaning). It’s likely he gets a shot somewhere this summer, whether that is in Charlotte remains to be seen.
The Bobcats are casting a wide net Also reportedly interviewed have been Jerry Sloan last of the Jazz, Nate McMillan last of the Trail Blazers, Patrick Ewing of the Orlando Magic, Grizzlies’ assistant Dave Joerger, Mike Malone of Golden State, Cleveland’s Nate Tibbetts, St. John’s Mike Dunlap, and Bobcats assistant Stephen Silas (son of former coach Paul Silas). Also linked to the process has been Stan Van Gundy but he is not expected to even interview, he may take a year off.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 19
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 27
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 51
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18