May 28, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
This was expected once the Pacers were eliminated from the playoffs.
Pacers lead assistant coach and former Phil Jackson right hand man Brian Shaw is going to interview for the Charlotte Bobcats coaching job this week, reports ESPN.
They also plan to meet with Lakers assistant Quin Snyder in Chicago before the NBA pre-draft camp the first week in June, sources told ESPN The Magazine’s Chris Broussard.
Shaw has been a top candidate for a couple years now to get a head coaching job (he thought he was going to get the Lakers gig before that housecleaning). It’s likely he gets a shot somewhere this summer, whether that is in Charlotte remains to be seen.
The Bobcats are casting a wide net Also reportedly interviewed have been Jerry Sloan last of the Jazz, Nate McMillan last of the Trail Blazers, Patrick Ewing of the Orlando Magic, Grizzlies’ assistant Dave Joerger, Mike Malone of Golden State, Cleveland’s Nate Tibbetts, St. John’s Mike Dunlap, and Bobcats assistant Stephen Silas (son of former coach Paul Silas). Also linked to the process has been Stan Van Gundy but he is not expected to even interview, he may take a year off.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 62
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31