May 28, 2012, 8:02 AM EDT
The best part of this Gregg Popovich in-game pep talk to his team is really the way he snarls that last line.
He started the speech (before that video clip above) with the line “Are we having fun yet?” His Spurs were down 9 going into the fourth and he hadn’t seen the fight from them that had won 18 in a row yet. He was about to, in part because he went small (more in part because Scott Brooks matched him and left his best defenders in Thabo Sefolosha and Serge Ibaka on the bench for most of the fourth).
After that talk, the Spurs hung 37 on OKC in the fourth and took a 1-0 series lead.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48