May 28, 2012, 8:02 AM EDT
The best part of this Gregg Popovich in-game pep talk to his team is really the way he snarls that last line.
He started the speech (before that video clip above) with the line ”Are we having fun yet?” His Spurs were down 9 going into the fourth and he hadn’t seen the fight from them that had won 18 in a row yet. He was about to, in part because he went small (more in part because Scott Brooks matched him and left his best defenders in Thabo Sefolosha and Serge Ibaka on the bench for most of the fourth).
After that talk, the Spurs hung 37 on OKC in the fourth and took a 1-0 series lead.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (82)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'