May 28, 2012, 8:02 AM EDT
The best part of this Gregg Popovich in-game pep talk to his team is really the way he snarls that last line.
He started the speech (before that video clip above) with the line “Are we having fun yet?” His Spurs were down 9 going into the fourth and he hadn’t seen the fight from them that had won 18 in a row yet. He was about to, in part because he went small (more in part because Scott Brooks matched him and left his best defenders in Thabo Sefolosha and Serge Ibaka on the bench for most of the fourth).
After that talk, the Spurs hung 37 on OKC in the fourth and took a 1-0 series lead.
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 0
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 18
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6