May 28, 2012, 8:02 AM EDT
The best part of this Gregg Popovich in-game pep talk to his team is really the way he snarls that last line.
He started the speech (before that video clip above) with the line “Are we having fun yet?” His Spurs were down 9 going into the fourth and he hadn’t seen the fight from them that had won 18 in a row yet. He was about to, in part because he went small (more in part because Scott Brooks matched him and left his best defenders in Thabo Sefolosha and Serge Ibaka on the bench for most of the fourth).
After that talk, the Spurs hung 37 on OKC in the fourth and took a 1-0 series lead.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28