May 28, 2012, 8:02 AM EDT
The best part of this Gregg Popovich in-game pep talk to his team is really the way he snarls that last line.
He started the speech (before that video clip above) with the line “Are we having fun yet?” His Spurs were down 9 going into the fourth and he hadn’t seen the fight from them that had won 18 in a row yet. He was about to, in part because he went small (more in part because Scott Brooks matched him and left his best defenders in Thabo Sefolosha and Serge Ibaka on the bench for most of the fourth).
After that talk, the Spurs hung 37 on OKC in the fourth and took a 1-0 series lead.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 8
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3