May 28, 2012, 7:46 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
And as the son of a veteran, thanks to all of you serving our nation this Memorial Day.
• Russell Westbrook made a statement with his shirt worn to the post-game press conference Sunday night (see photo to the right). I’m not sure what that message was, it was a loud one. And a confusing one for sailors everywhere as it was just a mashup of maritime flags. But Darren Rovell tweets if you like it you can own it, stop by Urban Outfitters. I’m not sure why you would, but you can.
• The Bulls are expected to pick up the option on C.J. Watson for $3.7 million next season. You bet they are. That’s a good deal and Watson could play a big role at the start of the season when Derrick Rose is still recovering from knee surgery.
• By the way, the Bulls are thinking about moving their practice facility from the Chicago burbs into downtown.
• A Miami television anchor called the 76ers the “69ers.” Bevis and Butthead thought it was funny.
• Great writing on Tim Duncan, well worth reading.
• Via Ball Don’t Lie, we leave you with Shaq in a Chinese beer commercial.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 15
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 16
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80