May 28, 2012, 7:46 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
And as the son of a veteran, thanks to all of you serving our nation this Memorial Day.
• Russell Westbrook made a statement with his shirt worn to the post-game press conference Sunday night (see photo to the right). I’m not sure what that message was, it was a loud one. And a confusing one for sailors everywhere as it was just a mashup of maritime flags. But Darren Rovell tweets if you like it you can own it, stop by Urban Outfitters. I’m not sure why you would, but you can.
• The Bulls are expected to pick up the option on C.J. Watson for $3.7 million next season. You bet they are. That’s a good deal and Watson could play a big role at the start of the season when Derrick Rose is still recovering from knee surgery.
• By the way, the Bulls are thinking about moving their practice facility from the Chicago burbs into downtown.
• A Miami television anchor called the 76ers the “69ers.” Bevis and Butthead thought it was funny.
• Great writing on Tim Duncan, well worth reading.
• Via Ball Don’t Lie, we leave you with Shaq in a Chinese beer commercial.
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 2
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 40
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33
- PBT Extra: One-on-one with Stephen Curry 0
- LeBron James pumped to play with Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving again 10