May 28, 2012, 6:34 PM EDT
Chris Bosh was back, working on the court on Sunday. But the Heat are downplaying it, calling it a “mild” workout and not to expect Bosh back soon from his strained abdomen. Don’t expect to see him this round against the Celtics.
Kevin Garnett feels for him.
Not that the ultimate competitor wants him back on the court too fast, but Garnett went through the same injury during the Celtics title year in 2008, missed three weeks, and told Chris Tomasson from Fox Sports Florida he knows it’s not easy to return from.
“It’s very tough to come back from,’’ Garnett said in an interview with FOX Sports Florida after Monday’s shootaround at AmericanAirlines Arena. “Very tough. Very difficult. It’s in the core of your body, the abs are kind of the parts to hold you up. Very, very hard to come back from.’’
When asked how long it took him to really get back after the injury, Garnett laughed and said, “Too long.’’
Bosh feels the same way. He wants back out there. But it may be the NBA finals before he is back on the court, and by then the Heat would really need him to stand a chance.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 5
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 9
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31