May 28, 2012, 6:34 PM EDT
Chris Bosh was back, working on the court on Sunday. But the Heat are downplaying it, calling it a “mild” workout and not to expect Bosh back soon from his strained abdomen. Don’t expect to see him this round against the Celtics.
Kevin Garnett feels for him.
Not that the ultimate competitor wants him back on the court too fast, but Garnett went through the same injury during the Celtics title year in 2008, missed three weeks, and told Chris Tomasson from Fox Sports Florida he knows it’s not easy to return from.
“It’s very tough to come back from,’’ Garnett said in an interview with FOX Sports Florida after Monday’s shootaround at AmericanAirlines Arena. “Very tough. Very difficult. It’s in the core of your body, the abs are kind of the parts to hold you up. Very, very hard to come back from.’’
When asked how long it took him to really get back after the injury, Garnett laughed and said, “Too long.’’
Bosh feels the same way. He wants back out there. But it may be the NBA finals before he is back on the court, and by then the Heat would really need him to stand a chance.
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 5
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 32
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 58
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11