May 28, 2012, 6:34 PM EDT
Chris Bosh was back, working on the court on Sunday. But the Heat are downplaying it, calling it a “mild” workout and not to expect Bosh back soon from his strained abdomen. Don’t expect to see him this round against the Celtics.
Kevin Garnett feels for him.
Not that the ultimate competitor wants him back on the court too fast, but Garnett went through the same injury during the Celtics title year in 2008, missed three weeks, and told Chris Tomasson from Fox Sports Florida he knows it’s not easy to return from.
“It’s very tough to come back from,’’ Garnett said in an interview with FOX Sports Florida after Monday’s shootaround at AmericanAirlines Arena. “Very tough. Very difficult. It’s in the core of your body, the abs are kind of the parts to hold you up. Very, very hard to come back from.’’
When asked how long it took him to really get back after the injury, Garnett laughed and said, “Too long.’’
Bosh feels the same way. He wants back out there. But it may be the NBA finals before he is back on the court, and by then the Heat would really need him to stand a chance.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 9
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4