May 28, 2012, 6:34 PM EDT
Chris Bosh was back, working on the court on Sunday. But the Heat are downplaying it, calling it a “mild” workout and not to expect Bosh back soon from his strained abdomen. Don’t expect to see him this round against the Celtics.
Kevin Garnett feels for him.
Not that the ultimate competitor wants him back on the court too fast, but Garnett went through the same injury during the Celtics title year in 2008, missed three weeks, and told Chris Tomasson from Fox Sports Florida he knows it’s not easy to return from.
“It’s very tough to come back from,’’ Garnett said in an interview with FOX Sports Florida after Monday’s shootaround at AmericanAirlines Arena. “Very tough. Very difficult. It’s in the core of your body, the abs are kind of the parts to hold you up. Very, very hard to come back from.’’
When asked how long it took him to really get back after the injury, Garnett laughed and said, “Too long.’’
Bosh feels the same way. He wants back out there. But it may be the NBA finals before he is back on the court, and by then the Heat would really need him to stand a chance.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47