May 28, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
Not that you really had any doubt…
Tim Duncan will be a free agent come July 1, and after his rebound performance this season and through the playoffs, a few teams around the league would have interest if they could get him at a fair price.
“Though I shouldn’t say that; I have to threaten them that I’ll leave,” he joked. “No … I’m not going anywhere. You can print that wherever you want to. I’m here and I’m a Spur for life.”
Duncan thinks he has another year or two left in his old knees, he changed his diet and dropped 20 pounds and is now moving better than he has in years. He’s revitalized, as his 16 and 11 in Game 1 testified to. He does not carry the Spurs offense anymore, but he is still a threat you have to respect.
And he may be for another couple years.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 31
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4