May 28, 2012, 2:25 PM EST
Not that you really had any doubt…
Tim Duncan will be a free agent come July 1, and after his rebound performance this season and through the playoffs, a few teams around the league would have interest if they could get him at a fair price.
“Though I shouldn’t say that; I have to threaten them that I’ll leave,” he joked. “No … I’m not going anywhere. You can print that wherever you want to. I’m here and I’m a Spur for life.”
Duncan thinks he has another year or two left in his old knees, he changed his diet and dropped 20 pounds and is now moving better than he has in years. He’s revitalized, as his 16 and 11 in Game 1 testified to. He does not carry the Spurs offense anymore, but he is still a threat you have to respect.
And he may be for another couple years.
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 0
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 9
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6