May 28, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
Not that you really had any doubt…
Tim Duncan will be a free agent come July 1, and after his rebound performance this season and through the playoffs, a few teams around the league would have interest if they could get him at a fair price.
“Though I shouldn’t say that; I have to threaten them that I’ll leave,” he joked. “No … I’m not going anywhere. You can print that wherever you want to. I’m here and I’m a Spur for life.”
Duncan thinks he has another year or two left in his old knees, he changed his diet and dropped 20 pounds and is now moving better than he has in years. He’s revitalized, as his 16 and 11 in Game 1 testified to. He does not carry the Spurs offense anymore, but he is still a threat you have to respect.
And he may be for another couple years.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 0
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 15
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6