May 28, 2012, 2:25 PM EST
Not that you really had any doubt…
Tim Duncan will be a free agent come July 1, and after his rebound performance this season and through the playoffs, a few teams around the league would have interest if they could get him at a fair price.
“Though I shouldn’t say that; I have to threaten them that I’ll leave,” he joked. “No … I’m not going anywhere. You can print that wherever you want to. I’m here and I’m a Spur for life.”
Duncan thinks he has another year or two left in his old knees, he changed his diet and dropped 20 pounds and is now moving better than he has in years. He’s revitalized, as his 16 and 11 in Game 1 testified to. He does not carry the Spurs offense anymore, but he is still a threat you have to respect.
And he may be for another couple years.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30