May 28, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
Not that you really had any doubt…
Tim Duncan will be a free agent come July 1, and after his rebound performance this season and through the playoffs, a few teams around the league would have interest if they could get him at a fair price.
“Though I shouldn’t say that; I have to threaten them that I’ll leave,” he joked. “No … I’m not going anywhere. You can print that wherever you want to. I’m here and I’m a Spur for life.”
Duncan thinks he has another year or two left in his old knees, he changed his diet and dropped 20 pounds and is now moving better than he has in years. He’s revitalized, as his 16 and 11 in Game 1 testified to. He does not carry the Spurs offense anymore, but he is still a threat you have to respect.
And he may be for another couple years.
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 16
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 42
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19