May 28, 2012, 10:40 AM EST
Chris Bosh is not walking through that door… yet.
The Heat’s big man who is key to their offensive spacing — and in the Eastern Conference finals could help cover Kevin Garnett — is still officially “out indefinitely” with a strained abdomen and will not dress for Game 1 against Boston Monday.
However, Bosh was observed working out and running through drills Sunday, reports ESPN.
Bosh went through Sunday’s workout with Heat assistant coach Keith Askins on the main court at AmericanAirlines Arena, with the sessions attended by team president Pat Riley. Bosh was seen going through drills that included catching and turning with the ball. He also did some work on his lateral movement across the court in addition to shooting free throws.
He has not yet been cleared to practice with the team, let alone have contact. So he’s not going to be back on the court in the immediate future.
Bosh’s injury can vary is severity depending on the location and size of the tear or strain. The Heat are not exactly forthcoming with details. But if he could return this series it certainly would be a boost.
I still think even without Bosh this series against Boston will be a short one, Miami is still better so long as LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are going strong. But the finals… that would be different. Whichever team comes out of the West. I’m not sure Miami beats either of them at full strength, let alone without Bosh.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 27
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7