May 26, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Charles Barkley is well known for not liking San Antonio. It’s just not his kind of town. Like a lot of towns in Texas, the people that like San Antonio love it, those that don’t are very “meh” on it. Very few hate it. It’s hard to hate it. It’s a livable city. (Note: For once I’m not just talking out my backside, having spent four years in Austin and primarily traveling around Texas at that time I got a feel for the Republic and its citizens.) But it’s definitely not for Barkley, who continues to blast the Riverwalk as a “dirty creek.”
On Friday, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro responded to Barkley in a friendly, wink-wink, nudge-nudge video that features the ultimate argument. Count the rings.
Gotta love the Mayor taking advantage of the situation to get some free publicity. Barkley and company head to San Antonio Sunday as TNT hosts the Western Conference Finals Game 1 Sunday night at the AT&T Center. Hopefully Charles can get down to the Riverwalk for some chain Tex-Mex and poorly made margaritas.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 9
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 8
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29