May 25, 2012, 5:16 PM EDT
With the Heat down 2-1 to the Indiana Pacers and no Chris Bosh on the horizon, LeBron James channeled his Cleveland self and, along with Dwyane Wade, carried the Heat into the Eastern Conference finals.
For LeBron’s legions of detractors it does not matter, because nothing he does will matter until he wins rings. Plural. The hatred of LeBron runs deep.
But for those of us still waiting to see how his career plays out before we judge him, you have to admit the guy has put up some big numbers in the playoffs. Not the biggest number. But big numbers none the less. We bring you this tweet from Chris Palmer of ESPN.
He’s going to need to do more of that if the Heat plan to get past the Celtics or Sixers without Bosh and get back to the NBA finals.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40