May 25, 2012, 5:16 PM EDT
With the Heat down 2-1 to the Indiana Pacers and no Chris Bosh on the horizon, LeBron James channeled his Cleveland self and, along with Dwyane Wade, carried the Heat into the Eastern Conference finals.
For LeBron’s legions of detractors it does not matter, because nothing he does will matter until he wins rings. Plural. The hatred of LeBron runs deep.
But for those of us still waiting to see how his career plays out before we judge him, you have to admit the guy has put up some big numbers in the playoffs. Not the biggest number. But big numbers none the less. We bring you this tweet from Chris Palmer of ESPN.
He’s going to need to do more of that if the Heat plan to get past the Celtics or Sixers without Bosh and get back to the NBA finals.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 11
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 22
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30