May 25, 2012, 5:16 PM EDT
With the Heat down 2-1 to the Indiana Pacers and no Chris Bosh on the horizon, LeBron James channeled his Cleveland self and, along with Dwyane Wade, carried the Heat into the Eastern Conference finals.
For LeBron’s legions of detractors it does not matter, because nothing he does will matter until he wins rings. Plural. The hatred of LeBron runs deep.
But for those of us still waiting to see how his career plays out before we judge him, you have to admit the guy has put up some big numbers in the playoffs. Not the biggest number. But big numbers none the less. We bring you this tweet from Chris Palmer of ESPN.
He’s going to need to do more of that if the Heat plan to get past the Celtics or Sixers without Bosh and get back to the NBA finals.
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 23
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 30
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91