May 25, 2012, 12:25 PM EDT
If you need surgery, and there is a four-month recovery you need to get through, you don’t put it off.
Boston guard Avery Bradley is to undergo surgery Friday to repair his injured left shoulder, tweets Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald. That has been confirmed by Doc Rivers. So no, he’s probably not available for Game 7 Saturday.
The decision is not a surprise but it came up quickly. Bradley’s defense with the first unit will certainly be missed, without him Jrue Holiday (and at moments Evan Turner) got into the middle of the Celtics defense and was the reason the Sixers won Game 6 and forced a deciding game on Saturday.
There is about a four month recovery time for this surgery, which would bring Bradley back right before the start of training camp next fall.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 39
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 16
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 33
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20