May 25, 2012, 12:25 PM EST
If you need surgery, and there is a four-month recovery you need to get through, you don’t put it off.
Boston guard Avery Bradley is to undergo surgery Friday to repair his injured left shoulder, tweets Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald. That has been confirmed by Doc Rivers. So no, he’s probably not available for Game 7 Saturday.
The decision is not a surprise but it came up quickly. Bradley’s defense with the first unit will certainly be missed, without him Jrue Holiday (and at moments Evan Turner) got into the middle of the Celtics defense and was the reason the Sixers won Game 6 and forced a deciding game on Saturday.
There is about a four month recovery time for this surgery, which would bring Bradley back right before the start of training camp next fall.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 6
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 0
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 18
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 14
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)