May 25, 2012, 12:25 PM EDT
If you need surgery, and there is a four-month recovery you need to get through, you don’t put it off.
Boston guard Avery Bradley is to undergo surgery Friday to repair his injured left shoulder, tweets Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald. That has been confirmed by Doc Rivers. So no, he’s probably not available for Game 7 Saturday.
The decision is not a surprise but it came up quickly. Bradley’s defense with the first unit will certainly be missed, without him Jrue Holiday (and at moments Evan Turner) got into the middle of the Celtics defense and was the reason the Sixers won Game 6 and forced a deciding game on Saturday.
There is about a four month recovery time for this surgery, which would bring Bradley back right before the start of training camp next fall.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36