May 25, 2012, 12:25 PM EDT
If you need surgery, and there is a four-month recovery you need to get through, you don’t put it off.
Boston guard Avery Bradley is to undergo surgery Friday to repair his injured left shoulder, tweets Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald. That has been confirmed by Doc Rivers. So no, he’s probably not available for Game 7 Saturday.
The decision is not a surprise but it came up quickly. Bradley’s defense with the first unit will certainly be missed, without him Jrue Holiday (and at moments Evan Turner) got into the middle of the Celtics defense and was the reason the Sixers won Game 6 and forced a deciding game on Saturday.
There is about a four month recovery time for this surgery, which would bring Bradley back right before the start of training camp next fall.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 8
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 2
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 7
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 16