May 25, 2012, 12:25 PM EST
If you need surgery, and there is a four-month recovery you need to get through, you don’t put it off.
Boston guard Avery Bradley is to undergo surgery Friday to repair his injured left shoulder, tweets Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald. That has been confirmed by Doc Rivers. So no, he’s probably not available for Game 7 Saturday.
The decision is not a surprise but it came up quickly. Bradley’s defense with the first unit will certainly be missed, without him Jrue Holiday (and at moments Evan Turner) got into the middle of the Celtics defense and was the reason the Sixers won Game 6 and forced a deciding game on Saturday.
There is about a four month recovery time for this surgery, which would bring Bradley back right before the start of training camp next fall.
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 1
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 7
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24