May 25, 2012, 1:10 PM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• If you read one post today, it should be Kevin Arnovitz on the brilliance of Tim Duncan.
• The history of the Celtics and Sixers in Game 7s. Larry Bird ain’t walking through that door, Boston.
• Whoever wins Game 7, here is a look at the Eastern Conference finals schedule, which starts Monday in Miami.
• What should the Bulls do this offseason, a roundtable discussion.
• Those Wizards have started their draft workouts, looking at guys including Ohio State’s William Buford.
• Chris Bosh is still out indefinitely. If LeBron James and Dwyane Wade continue to play like they did the last couple games the Heat can make the NBA finals still, but they are not beating the Spurs or Thunder right now.
• Vanderbilt’s John Jenkins might be the best pure shooter in this draft. Actually, not might.
• Looking for a draft sleeper? Try Syracuse guard Dion Waiters.
• Jeff Van Gundy is no fan of Magic CEO Alex Martins.
• Warriors assistant Mike Malone would love to get a shot at the Trail Blazers job. That’s a good job for sure, but they need a GM first.
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 19
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 0
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 13
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Life is good in the Golden State 12
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 5
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 11
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 12
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 20