May 25, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
Derrick Rose is approaching rehab of his knee like he attacks the rim — with energy and undivided focus.
Did you expect otherwise?
Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau was on ESPN Radio in Chicago Friday and was asked about Rose’s recovery from knee surgery (transcription via ESPNChicago.com).
“He has a great support system,” Thibodeau said on “The Waddle & Silvy Show” on ESPN 1000. “His family is fantastic. They’ve been great with him.
“He comes in every day. He’s diligent. He’s moving along well….
“I think he understands what he has to go through, and he’s approaching it like he does everything else,” Thibodeau said. “His rehabs are his games and practices right now. His concentration in rehab is fantastic. He just has to be patient and keep doing what he’s doing.”
Rose ripped up his ACL near the end of Game 1 of the opening round of the playoffs. The Bulls didn’t advance without him (Joakim Noah was also banged up against the Sixers). The recovery time is expected to take until around Christmas at the earliest and maybe through the All-Star Game and beyond.
But if he’s rehabbing like this, bet on the early end of that scale.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17