May 25, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
Derrick Rose is approaching rehab of his knee like he attacks the rim — with energy and undivided focus.
Did you expect otherwise?
Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau was on ESPN Radio in Chicago Friday and was asked about Rose’s recovery from knee surgery (transcription via ESPNChicago.com).
“He has a great support system,” Thibodeau said on “The Waddle & Silvy Show” on ESPN 1000. “His family is fantastic. They’ve been great with him.
“He comes in every day. He’s diligent. He’s moving along well….
“I think he understands what he has to go through, and he’s approaching it like he does everything else,” Thibodeau said. “His rehabs are his games and practices right now. His concentration in rehab is fantastic. He just has to be patient and keep doing what he’s doing.”
Rose ripped up his ACL near the end of Game 1 of the opening round of the playoffs. The Bulls didn’t advance without him (Joakim Noah was also banged up against the Sixers). The recovery time is expected to take until around Christmas at the earliest and maybe through the All-Star Game and beyond.
But if he’s rehabbing like this, bet on the early end of that scale.
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 12
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24