May 25, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
Derrick Rose is approaching rehab of his knee like he attacks the rim — with energy and undivided focus.
Did you expect otherwise?
Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau was on ESPN Radio in Chicago Friday and was asked about Rose’s recovery from knee surgery (transcription via ESPNChicago.com).
“He has a great support system,” Thibodeau said on “The Waddle & Silvy Show” on ESPN 1000. “His family is fantastic. They’ve been great with him.
“He comes in every day. He’s diligent. He’s moving along well….
“I think he understands what he has to go through, and he’s approaching it like he does everything else,” Thibodeau said. “His rehabs are his games and practices right now. His concentration in rehab is fantastic. He just has to be patient and keep doing what he’s doing.”
Rose ripped up his ACL near the end of Game 1 of the opening round of the playoffs. The Bulls didn’t advance without him (Joakim Noah was also banged up against the Sixers). The recovery time is expected to take until around Christmas at the earliest and maybe through the All-Star Game and beyond.
But if he’s rehabbing like this, bet on the early end of that scale.
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 2
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 21
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13