May 24, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• What is the most dominant NBA champion of all time? Neil Paine crunched the numbers at Basketball Prospectus and… yea, it’s who you’re thinking.
• Fantastic post: “What I learned from Stan Van Gundy.”
• A fan was arrested trying to run on the court in Miami last night wearing a shirt but no pants? Why? Because Rick Ross has offered $10,000 to anyone who streaks at a Heat game to promote his new record.
• There had been rumors he was, but Chris Mullin is not in the running for the Trail Blazers GM job. And neither is Shaq.
• As if you expected otherwise, Beno Udrih has now formally picked up his $7.8 million player option with the Bucks for next season.
• Lakers coach Mike Brown says he could have done a better job this season. Honestly, I think he did a solid job considering the top-heavy roster and no training camp. What I will lay at his feet is the rough patches for Pau Gasol — Brown’s offense pushed him out of the paint, asked him to space the floor and made him less effective.
• Golden State’s plans to leave Oracle Arena in five years move to a stadium on the San Francisco Bay is not sitting well with the team’s fan base in Oakland.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 20
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4