May 24, 2012, 11:27 AM EST
Chris Bosh will not be in a uniform for Game 6 Thursday night in Indiana. If there is a Game 7 this weekend he will not be playing in that, either.
But if the Heat are going to have a real shot at a ring they are going to need Bosh back from his strained abdominal muscle at some point.
So for Heat fans, what Bosh told Tom Haberstroh of ESPN’s Heat Index is good news.
“I’m just hoping that everyone can keep doing what they’re doing and extend the season,” Bosh told ESPN.com on Wednesday at American Airlines Arena. “I do have a chance to play again. That’s the light at the end of the tunnel for me. That keeps me going every day….
“I’ve come a far way in a week,” Bosh said. “I was kind of nervous initially but it wasn’t the worst news I could have gotten. I just have to keep believing and stay mentally strong. I think I’m healing at a very fast rate right now.”
There is no timetable for Bosh’s return. The Heat certainly have missed Chris Bosh’s size against the Pacers, with Roy Hibbert and David West up front. In the Heat advance to the next round, they would certainly want Bosh’s size against either Kevin Garnett of Boston or Elton Brand of Philadelphia. And if it gets that far, the Heat do not stand a chance against either the Spurs or the Thunder without Bosh.
But for now, the Heat have to continue to figure out how to get by without him.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 10
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6