May 24, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
Chris Bosh will not be in a uniform for Game 6 Thursday night in Indiana. If there is a Game 7 this weekend he will not be playing in that, either.
But if the Heat are going to have a real shot at a ring they are going to need Bosh back from his strained abdominal muscle at some point.
So for Heat fans, what Bosh told Tom Haberstroh of ESPN’s Heat Index is good news.
“I’m just hoping that everyone can keep doing what they’re doing and extend the season,” Bosh told ESPN.com on Wednesday at American Airlines Arena. “I do have a chance to play again. That’s the light at the end of the tunnel for me. That keeps me going every day….
“I’ve come a far way in a week,” Bosh said. “I was kind of nervous initially but it wasn’t the worst news I could have gotten. I just have to keep believing and stay mentally strong. I think I’m healing at a very fast rate right now.”
There is no timetable for Bosh’s return. The Heat certainly have missed Chris Bosh’s size against the Pacers, with Roy Hibbert and David West up front. In the Heat advance to the next round, they would certainly want Bosh’s size against either Kevin Garnett of Boston or Elton Brand of Philadelphia. And if it gets that far, the Heat do not stand a chance against either the Spurs or the Thunder without Bosh.
But for now, the Heat have to continue to figure out how to get by without him.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8