May 24, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
Chris Bosh will not be in a uniform for Game 6 Thursday night in Indiana. If there is a Game 7 this weekend he will not be playing in that, either.
But if the Heat are going to have a real shot at a ring they are going to need Bosh back from his strained abdominal muscle at some point.
So for Heat fans, what Bosh told Tom Haberstroh of ESPN’s Heat Index is good news.
“I’m just hoping that everyone can keep doing what they’re doing and extend the season,” Bosh told ESPN.com on Wednesday at American Airlines Arena. “I do have a chance to play again. That’s the light at the end of the tunnel for me. That keeps me going every day….
“I’ve come a far way in a week,” Bosh said. “I was kind of nervous initially but it wasn’t the worst news I could have gotten. I just have to keep believing and stay mentally strong. I think I’m healing at a very fast rate right now.”
There is no timetable for Bosh’s return. The Heat certainly have missed Chris Bosh’s size against the Pacers, with Roy Hibbert and David West up front. In the Heat advance to the next round, they would certainly want Bosh’s size against either Kevin Garnett of Boston or Elton Brand of Philadelphia. And if it gets that far, the Heat do not stand a chance against either the Spurs or the Thunder without Bosh.
But for now, the Heat have to continue to figure out how to get by without him.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 17
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 34
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85