Chris Bosh: “I think I’m healing at a very fast rate right now”

May 24, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT

Chris Bosh AP

Chris Bosh will not be in a uniform for Game 6 Thursday night in Indiana. If there is a Game 7 this weekend he will not be playing in that, either.

But if the Heat are going to have a real shot at a ring they are going to need Bosh back from his strained abdominal muscle at some point.

So for Heat fans, what Bosh told Tom Haberstroh of ESPN’s Heat Index is good news.

“I’m just hoping that everyone can keep doing what they’re doing and extend the season,” Bosh told ESPN.com on Wednesday at American Airlines Arena. “I do have a chance to play again. That’s the light at the end of the tunnel for me. That keeps me going every day….

“I’ve come a far way in a week,” Bosh said. “I was kind of nervous initially but it wasn’t the worst news I could have gotten. I just have to keep believing and stay mentally strong. I think I’m healing at a very fast rate right now.”

There is no timetable for Bosh’s return. The Heat certainly have missed Chris Bosh’s size against the Pacers, with Roy Hibbert and David West up front. In the Heat advance to the next round, they would certainly want Bosh’s size against either Kevin Garnett of Boston or Elton Brand of Philadelphia. And if it gets that far, the Heat do not stand a chance against either the Spurs or the Thunder without Bosh.

But for now, the Heat have to continue to figure out how to get by without him.

1. rodge1 - May 24, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Take your time Chris, you will be needed in the finals big-time.

• kappneffect - May 24, 2012 at 11:47 AM

You will be needed *if you make it to the finals. I think that is more accurate than an arrogant ass assumption, rodge1.

• gmsalpha - May 24, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Agreed. If you can’t come back against Indiana, just wait until the Finals. I don’t see Boston or Philly really giving your Heat much trouble. You may be sorely missed tonight with the suspensions of Haslem and to a much lesser extend Pittman, but James and Wade will carry the load and close it out in six.

2. suhnum1fan - May 24, 2012 at 12:06 PM

I smell p_ssy

• lucky5934 - May 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM

stop sniffing your fingers

3. dysraw1 - May 24, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Chris is the 1 guy out of the 3 I can still stomach hes 1 the out of 3 that stayed the same

4. huey88 - May 24, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I think the Pacers will take it to game 7 tonight.

• buffalowned - May 24, 2012 at 1:03 PM

i bet you do

5. truthplainandsimple - May 24, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Yeah, I read somewhere that raptors healed pretty fast.

• mannyfresh209 - May 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM

is that the plain and simple truth?

post a pic of yourself and let’s see what memes we could come up with. give us … 30 seconds.

• truthplainandsimple - May 24, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Are you his cousin or something? Chill, dude. I actually like Bosh and the Heat. That doesn’t stop me from being reminded of the Toronto Raptor mascot when I see him, though.

6. turnmymicup - May 24, 2012 at 3:00 PM

No need to rush anything Bosh. Let LeBron and Wade do what they do best. Just keep up with the rehab big homie. Hope your newborn is doing good too. Go Heat!

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches