May 23, 2012, 1:34 AM EDT
Miami came out with some real fire in Game 5. The kind of passion we have expected of them from throughout the playoffs… and the last finals for that matter. Apparently it took the Pacers getting under their skin to do it.
But Miami crossed the line a couple of times. There was the flagrant foul on Haslem above, although I think the worse one was by Pittman below. He deserves a game off (at least) for that one. Even so, Erik Spoelstra isn’t going to say anything if his team comes out and plays with that fire.
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 1
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 24
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50