May 23, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Scott Skiles has an NBA coaching job. All he has to do is figure out how to make a Brandon Jennings/Monta Ellis backcourt work. And figure out how that backcourt is not going to become a major defensive liability. All while everyone knows he is a lame duck in the last year of his deal. So, good luck with that.
But he reportedly has a wandering eye for another coaching gig. From the Journal-Times:
Those who know Skiles well insist he would crawl to Orlando to be the Magic’s coach. Skiles not only has a house in the Orlando area but he played five years with the Magic while becoming one of their most beloved players ever.
More importantly, Skiles is one of Richard DeVos Sr.’s all-time favorites. DeVos is the owner of the Magic
This is not happening, Skiles will be in Milwaukee next year.
For Orlando, why fire Stan Van Gundy then bring in a guy who is much the same coach in temperament and style? Nobody thinks they are keeping Dwight Howard, but the Magic need to bring in a coach that at least gives them a shot at that, plus one who knows how to rebuild when he leaves.
DeVos doesn’t want to rebuild, but he’ll have no choice.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16