May 23, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Scott Skiles has an NBA coaching job. All he has to do is figure out how to make a Brandon Jennings/Monta Ellis backcourt work. And figure out how that backcourt is not going to become a major defensive liability. All while everyone knows he is a lame duck in the last year of his deal. So, good luck with that.
But he reportedly has a wandering eye for another coaching gig. From the Journal-Times:
Those who know Skiles well insist he would crawl to Orlando to be the Magic’s coach. Skiles not only has a house in the Orlando area but he played five years with the Magic while becoming one of their most beloved players ever.
More importantly, Skiles is one of Richard DeVos Sr.’s all-time favorites. DeVos is the owner of the Magic
This is not happening, Skiles will be in Milwaukee next year.
For Orlando, why fire Stan Van Gundy then bring in a guy who is much the same coach in temperament and style? Nobody thinks they are keeping Dwight Howard, but the Magic need to bring in a coach that at least gives them a shot at that, plus one who knows how to rebuild when he leaves.
DeVos doesn’t want to rebuild, but he’ll have no choice.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13