May 23, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Scott Skiles has an NBA coaching job. All he has to do is figure out how to make a Brandon Jennings/Monta Ellis backcourt work. And figure out how that backcourt is not going to become a major defensive liability. All while everyone knows he is a lame duck in the last year of his deal. So, good luck with that.
But he reportedly has a wandering eye for another coaching gig. From the Journal-Times:
Those who know Skiles well insist he would crawl to Orlando to be the Magic’s coach. Skiles not only has a house in the Orlando area but he played five years with the Magic while becoming one of their most beloved players ever.
More importantly, Skiles is one of Richard DeVos Sr.’s all-time favorites. DeVos is the owner of the Magic
This is not happening, Skiles will be in Milwaukee next year.
For Orlando, why fire Stan Van Gundy then bring in a guy who is much the same coach in temperament and style? Nobody thinks they are keeping Dwight Howard, but the Magic need to bring in a coach that at least gives them a shot at that, plus one who knows how to rebuild when he leaves.
DeVos doesn’t want to rebuild, but he’ll have no choice.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 25
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14