May 23, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
Pittman deserved it for the vicious hit above on Indiana’s Lance Stephenson late in Game 5. His suspension was broken by Yahoo Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski (he said it on NBC’s Sports and tweeted out). I bet Pacers president Larry Bird feels that is light. Metta World Peace is shaking his head. It seems soft to me.
It also doesn’t matter, Pittman is not part of the Heat rotations.
Haslem being out does matter — he has played a key role in the Heat wins the last couple games, making plays and picking up some of the scoring lost when Chris Bosh went down. While the Heat have won the last couple games going away it will be easier for the Pacers to defend the Heat without the threat of Haslem on the floor.
Haslem’s foul was upgraded to a flagrant 2 as it likely was seen by the league as retaliation for Tyler Hansbrough‘s hard foul earlier in the game on Dwyane Wade. Haslem has a little bit of a windup on the play then walks away after the contact like he meant to send the message. That likely did not help his case, but this is a borderline call because he does play the ball.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11