May 23, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
Pittman deserved it for the vicious hit above on Indiana’s Lance Stephenson late in Game 5. His suspension was broken by Yahoo Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski (he said it on NBC’s Sports and tweeted out). I bet Pacers president Larry Bird feels that is light. Metta World Peace is shaking his head. It seems soft to me.
It also doesn’t matter, Pittman is not part of the Heat rotations.
Haslem being out does matter — he has played a key role in the Heat wins the last couple games, making plays and picking up some of the scoring lost when Chris Bosh went down. While the Heat have won the last couple games going away it will be easier for the Pacers to defend the Heat without the threat of Haslem on the floor.
Haslem’s foul was upgraded to a flagrant 2 as it likely was seen by the league as retaliation for Tyler Hansbrough‘s hard foul earlier in the game on Dwyane Wade. Haslem has a little bit of a windup on the play then walks away after the contact like he meant to send the message. That likely did not help his case, but this is a borderline call because he does play the ball.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 2
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 5
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 16
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34