May 23, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Allen Iverson — one of the most beloved Sixers — will be in the building in Philly Saturday night for what should an intense Game 6 against the Boston Celtics.
It’s a game where the Sixers need to play with the fire that Iverson always brought to the court.
Philly fans were already going to be fired up after Kevin Garnett called them “fair-weathered.” To which a Philly columnist responded saying that’s better than being racists… ugh. Did Boston have race issues in the past? Yes. Are there racists in Boston now? Yes. There are also racists in Philadelphia, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Oklahoma City, Indianapolis, Peoria, Bakersfield, Springfield (all of them) and every other city in that Johnny Cash song. Sad but true. Boston does not have a corner on the racist market.
Anyway, Philly fans will rain boos down on Garnett, which is what he wants anyway. It fires him up.
But with Iverson there, the fans have something to cheer, also. And the current 76ers have someone to inspire them. If they play with AI’s fire they can force a Game 7.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48