May 23, 2012, 1:01 PM EST
Allen Iverson — one of the most beloved Sixers — will be in the building in Philly Saturday night for what should an intense Game 6 against the Boston Celtics.
It’s a game where the Sixers need to play with the fire that Iverson always brought to the court.
Philly fans were already going to be fired up after Kevin Garnett called them “fair-weathered.” To which a Philly columnist responded saying that’s better than being racists… ugh. Did Boston have race issues in the past? Yes. Are there racists in Boston now? Yes. There are also racists in Philadelphia, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Oklahoma City, Indianapolis, Peoria, Bakersfield, Springfield (all of them) and every other city in that Johnny Cash song. Sad but true. Boston does not have a corner on the racist market.
Anyway, Philly fans will rain boos down on Garnett, which is what he wants anyway. It fires him up.
But with Iverson there, the fans have something to cheer, also. And the current 76ers have someone to inspire them. If they play with AI’s fire they can force a Game 7.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28