May 23, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
After a one day hiatus, we return our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• That’s Adam Morrison to the right, going with the Samson look. He played in Europe last year and was at a multi-player workout hosted by the Nets this week. (Thanks @AdamZagoria for posting the pic.)
• Wilt Chamberlain and Elgin Baylor facing off on the playgrounds.
• How the Knicks and Nets can still land Dwight Howard in a trade. By the way, the Phil Jackson and Dwight Howard as a package to the Nets rumors have less basis in reality than a Kardashian television show.
• Metta World Peace isn’t sure the Lakers ever stopped being the best team in the NBA: “We underachieved. We’re the best team in the NBA and lost in five. We should still be playing, up 3-2.” Why do I imagine that from MWP’s perspective the world looks like the candy park in Willy Wonka?
• What would help the Lakers is landing someone like SoCal native James Harden in free agency, and Harden would not rule out a return when he is a restricted free agent next summer. Nice thought, but no way the Thunder let him walk. No way.
• Ramon Sessions wants to return to the Lakers. A lot of Lakers fans just rolled their eyes, but he is a good guard who fits the traditional sets Mike Brown wants to run pretty well. He got wide-eyed during the playoffs, but that was his first playoff experience, you should expect some of that. (Lakers fans are not exactly notorious for patience and understanding.)
• Golden State is working out six players in a closed session Wednesday: My man Casper Ware out of Long Beach State; Jordan Taylor, Wisconsin; Drew Gordon, New Mexico; Kyle O’Quinn, Norfolk State; Quincy Acy, Baylor; Mitchell Watt, Buffalo.
• Sasha Kaun, a player the Cavaliers retain the draft rights too, has signed with CSKA Moscow.
• Apparently things don’t change a lot in rural Indiana. Via The Big Lead, a look at the locations used in Hoosiers as they are now. Great video.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16