May 22, 2012, 12:26 AM EDT
One shot does not decide a game. There are always circumstances, things that might have gone differently.
But one shot can spark a run and change the feeling of a game. All Game 5 Monday night the Lakers hung close. They would not go away. Kobe Bryant dropped 42. But you just had the feeling at some point the Thunder would go on a run and pull away.
Then Russell Westbrook happened. And after that shot, you knew the Thunder would advance.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 52
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 34
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18