May 22, 2012, 12:26 AM EDT
One shot does not decide a game. There are always circumstances, things that might have gone differently.
But one shot can spark a run and change the feeling of a game. All Game 5 Monday night the Lakers hung close. They would not go away. Kobe Bryant dropped 42. But you just had the feeling at some point the Thunder would go on a run and pull away.
Then Russell Westbrook happened. And after that shot, you knew the Thunder would advance.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48