May 22, 2012, 12:26 AM EDT
One shot does not decide a game. There are always circumstances, things that might have gone differently.
But one shot can spark a run and change the feeling of a game. All Game 5 Monday night the Lakers hung close. They would not go away. Kobe Bryant dropped 42. But you just had the feeling at some point the Thunder would go on a run and pull away.
Then Russell Westbrook happened. And after that shot, you knew the Thunder would advance.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 7
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10