May 22, 2012, 12:26 AM EDT
One shot does not decide a game. There are always circumstances, things that might have gone differently.
But one shot can spark a run and change the feeling of a game. All Game 5 Monday night the Lakers hung close. They would not go away. Kobe Bryant dropped 42. But you just had the feeling at some point the Thunder would go on a run and pull away.
Then Russell Westbrook happened. And after that shot, you knew the Thunder would advance.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37