May 22, 2012, 12:26 AM EDT
One shot does not decide a game. There are always circumstances, things that might have gone differently.
But one shot can spark a run and change the feeling of a game. All Game 5 Monday night the Lakers hung close. They would not go away. Kobe Bryant dropped 42. But you just had the feeling at some point the Thunder would go on a run and pull away.
Then Russell Westbrook happened. And after that shot, you knew the Thunder would advance.
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning that, fall in Miami 0
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 20
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 66
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 45