May 22, 2012, 7:41 PM EST
We were all over the map today on PBT Extra — from Stan Van Gundy’s firing and what it means to the Magic, to the Lakers next steps.
As for Durant being clutch, he is good late in games. He’s also great in first, second and third quarters. The best players at the end of games are the best players early in games, and if they get double and triple teamed at the end of games then the guy open next to them can knock down the open jumper. Ask Steve Kerr and John Paxson and Derek Fisher and Robert Horry and… you get the idea. Lately we are far to focused on who is a “closer” and not on who can just play the game.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 18
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 34
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (63)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)