May 22, 2012, 7:41 PM EST
We were all over the map today on PBT Extra — from Stan Van Gundy’s firing and what it means to the Magic, to the Lakers next steps.
As for Durant being clutch, he is good late in games. He’s also great in first, second and third quarters. The best players at the end of games are the best players early in games, and if they get double and triple teamed at the end of games then the guy open next to them can knock down the open jumper. Ask Steve Kerr and John Paxson and Derek Fisher and Robert Horry and… you get the idea. Lately we are far to focused on who is a “closer” and not on who can just play the game.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16