May 22, 2012, 7:41 PM EDT
We were all over the map today on PBT Extra — from Stan Van Gundy’s firing and what it means to the Magic, to the Lakers next steps.
As for Durant being clutch, he is good late in games. He’s also great in first, second and third quarters. The best players at the end of games are the best players early in games, and if they get double and triple teamed at the end of games then the guy open next to them can knock down the open jumper. Ask Steve Kerr and John Paxson and Derek Fisher and Robert Horry and… you get the idea. Lately we are far to focused on who is a “closer” and not on who can just play the game.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30