May 22, 2012, 7:41 PM EST
We were all over the map today on PBT Extra — from Stan Van Gundy’s firing and what it means to the Magic, to the Lakers next steps.
As for Durant being clutch, he is good late in games. He’s also great in first, second and third quarters. The best players at the end of games are the best players early in games, and if they get double and triple teamed at the end of games then the guy open next to them can knock down the open jumper. Ask Steve Kerr and John Paxson and Derek Fisher and Robert Horry and… you get the idea. Lately we are far to focused on who is a “closer” and not on who can just play the game.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 5
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 16
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 14
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7