May 22, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Apparently Kevin Garnett thought Sixer fans would not be fired up enough for Game 6 in Philadelphia Wednesday night.
When asked to compare what had been a raucous Garden crowd Monday night to what awaited them in Philly on Wednesday KG decided to take a shot, reports John Finger at CSNPhilly.com.
“Not even close,” Garnett said. “[In Boston] you got fans and [in Philadelphia] you got fair-weather fans. Take that how you want.”
Garnett thrives on a negative environment — remember the Celtics 10-0 run to take control of Game 5 came after Garnett drove the lane and thought he was fouled but instead got an offensive call on himself. He was incensed. Boston’s crowd got into it with a lot of boos after the play was reshown on the jumbotron in the building. And then it was on.
Now he’s getting what he wants on the road.
As for the Boston fans, since KGs arrival and through the Big Three era the Garden has been full and loud. Before that when the team was struggling… well, Boston fans looked pretty fair weathered then, too.
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 0
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 1
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 18
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 14
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 44
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement