Deron Williams makes it clear he has made no decision

May 22, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT

Cleveland Cavaliers v New Jersey Nets Getty Images

Brooklyn, to lead the Nets into New York.

Dallas, to come back home and partner with the big German.

Maybe somewhere else unexpected.

There are a lot of options in front of Deron Williams. But when he was seen in Russia this week the Brooklyn speculation started up again (because the Nets are owned by Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov).

Williams told ESPN everybody needs to calm down.

“I want to reiterate, I don’t know what I’m doing next year,” Williams said. “Still. Nobody does but me. Not even my mom, my brother, my uncle, my cousin. I haven’t talked to anybody about where I’m going next year….

“I just hate that people think they know where I’m going, because I don’t know where I’m going,” said Williams, who isn’t allowed to talk with other teams since he hasn’t opted out yet. “So there’s no way for them to know, or assume that I’m going to Dallas or that I’m staying here. I don’t know. There could be another team that comes into the picture.”

Not likely another team, it will be the Nets or Dallas. The Nets have the new building in the big market, and they can offer more money and years — five years, about $109 million.

Dallas is his hometown and with Dirk Nowitzki there the Mavericks would be closer to title contention. They can offer four years, about $81 million.

Would he leave $28 million in guaranteed money on the table to come home and maybe contend? Does he vastly prefer one market to another? I don’t know. I do know he will opt out and wants to get this taken care of before the Olympics start and camp open July 6 in Las Vegas. So expect him to move quickly after July 1.

1. Mr. Wright 212 - May 22, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Those aren’t the only options, Kurt. Do your research.

2. raiderkaos - May 22, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Let’s go warriors!! Sign and trade anyone you need to make it happen!!!!

3. nflinla - May 22, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Lakers need him BAD!!!

• kinggw - May 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM

They definitely need him, but they cant afford him.

4. nightrain42 - May 22, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Trade Bynum to the Nets for Lopez and their first round pick. That gives DWill the big man he wants plus all the $.

• briangetsit - May 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM

would that be the 1st they traded to the Blazers for Wallace?

5. packersareandwillalwaysbebetterthanthebears - May 22, 2012 at 4:01 PM

No state taxes in texas might make that 28 million “lost” a little better

• cpmustang - May 22, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Most of that $28M isn’t even lost… you’re comparing apples to oranges. It’s $81M over 4 years ($20.25M / yr) and $109M over 5 years ($21.8M / yr). It’s not like this is his last contract. He will still have that fifth year. It would just be the first year of a new contract.

6. rajbais - May 22, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Meaning: Deron Williams makes it clear he has made no decision … to stay with the Nets!!!

Avery Johnson, Billy King … it’s time to go!!!

7. starvingardens - May 22, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Come to Golden State Deron!!! Come to a team that is on the rise… plus the team is now moving to San Francisco. Finally we have good owners that know what they are doing!

• abchome - May 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM

And you guys booed that “good owner”… lol

8. heat256 - May 22, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Rare that you see an athlete sacrifice millions to win. Most talk a good game, but they want to be paid as much as they can. That’s fine, as most of us want to be compensated as much as possible too. But where that ends is when that star clogs up his team’s cap so they can’t get quality help, then that guy bitches that he can’t get any help. that’s where we as fans get fed up. Can’t have it both ways, guys. Take the money and shut up or sacrifice and reap the rewards of winning.

9. charlutes - May 22, 2012 at 4:41 PM

So its NY or Dallas or anywhere else. Way to dig for that insider info.

10. aaronp2098 - May 22, 2012 at 7:06 PM

It won’t happen but I would love to see him consider the Pacers. This is the last chance at signing a max player while keeping the core together. Hibbert is restricted so if he holds off on signing till they got the D Will contract done both are set and they still aren’t in luxury territory

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches