May 22, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
If you didn’t already love Ben Wallace, an NBA Champion, a true class act, one of the best defensive players of his generation, and a guy who always left it all out on the court, you should after seeing what he’s driving around. CSN Chicago has the scoop from SB Nation’s Evan Dunlap:
According to basketball-reference.com, Ben Wallace made over $87 million over his 16-year NBA career. That helps him buy a lot of fun items, including a car you’ve probably never seen before.
Forget Lamborghini’s and Ferrari’s, it’s not a Porsche or a Rolls-Royce Phantom. Wallace’s ride looks like something straight out of the future. On Monday morning, it happened to be in the same auto shop as SB Nation blogger Evan Dunlap, who sent out the picture via twitter.
I don’t know if that’s a motorcycle or a car, but it does look like something that could help Bruce Wayne defend Gotham City from Bane and the rest of the Rogue’s Gallery. Given the fact that the car looks like it might have a missile launcher hiding on it somewhere and that we know Ben Wallace drives it, it’s probably the last thing on the road I’d want to scratch with my car.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 11
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 42
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22