May 22, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
If you didn’t already love Ben Wallace, an NBA Champion, a true class act, one of the best defensive players of his generation, and a guy who always left it all out on the court, you should after seeing what he’s driving around. CSN Chicago has the scoop from SB Nation’s Evan Dunlap:
According to basketball-reference.com, Ben Wallace made over $87 million over his 16-year NBA career. That helps him buy a lot of fun items, including a car you’ve probably never seen before.
Forget Lamborghini’s and Ferrari’s, it’s not a Porsche or a Rolls-Royce Phantom. Wallace’s ride looks like something straight out of the future. On Monday morning, it happened to be in the same auto shop as SB Nation blogger Evan Dunlap, who sent out the picture via twitter.
I don’t know if that’s a motorcycle or a car, but it does look like something that could help Bruce Wayne defend Gotham City from Bane and the rest of the Rogue’s Gallery. Given the fact that the car looks like it might have a missile launcher hiding on it somewhere and that we know Ben Wallace drives it, it’s probably the last thing on the road I’d want to scratch with my car.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43