May 22, 2012, 6:28 PM EST
If you didn’t already love Ben Wallace, an NBA Champion, a true class act, one of the best defensive players of his generation, and a guy who always left it all out on the court, you should after seeing what he’s driving around. CSN Chicago has the scoop from SB Nation’s Evan Dunlap:
According to basketball-reference.com, Ben Wallace made over $87 million over his 16-year NBA career. That helps him buy a lot of fun items, including a car you’ve probably never seen before.
Forget Lamborghini’s and Ferrari’s, it’s not a Porsche or a Rolls-Royce Phantom. Wallace’s ride looks like something straight out of the future. On Monday morning, it happened to be in the same auto shop as SB Nation blogger Evan Dunlap, who sent out the picture via twitter.
I don’t know if that’s a motorcycle or a car, but it does look like something that could help Bruce Wayne defend Gotham City from Bane and the rest of the Rogue’s Gallery. Given the fact that the car looks like it might have a missile launcher hiding on it somewhere and that we know Ben Wallace drives it, it’s probably the last thing on the road I’d want to scratch with my car.
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 0
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 4
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8