May 22, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
If you didn’t already love Ben Wallace, an NBA Champion, a true class act, one of the best defensive players of his generation, and a guy who always left it all out on the court, you should after seeing what he’s driving around. CSN Chicago has the scoop from SB Nation’s Evan Dunlap:
According to basketball-reference.com, Ben Wallace made over $87 million over his 16-year NBA career. That helps him buy a lot of fun items, including a car you’ve probably never seen before.
Forget Lamborghini’s and Ferrari’s, it’s not a Porsche or a Rolls-Royce Phantom. Wallace’s ride looks like something straight out of the future. On Monday morning, it happened to be in the same auto shop as SB Nation blogger Evan Dunlap, who sent out the picture via twitter.
I don’t know if that’s a motorcycle or a car, but it does look like something that could help Bruce Wayne defend Gotham City from Bane and the rest of the Rogue’s Gallery. Given the fact that the car looks like it might have a missile launcher hiding on it somewhere and that we know Ben Wallace drives it, it’s probably the last thing on the road I’d want to scratch with my car.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23