May 21, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• I’m with Sekou Smith on this one: If you see Blake Griffin as anything other than a developing player just starting to see his potential you are missing the point. And he can already do more than just dunk, but give him a few years to round out his game.
• NBA superfan Jimmy Goldstein speaks to GQ. He may be the most interesting man in the world.<
• Not cool Thunder fans, not cool at all. Do not mess with karma.
• What other players were tweeting about LeBron’s monster game Sunday.
• The well regarded Doug Smith of the Toronto Star thinks it is possible either Amir Johnson or Ed Davis will be moved by the Raptors this summer.
• What Warriors ownership is doing with their coming announcement/press conference about a move to San Francisco is creating leverage.
• The NBA is starting a junior development program in India.
• With a new naming rights deal in place, the Milwaukee Bucks now play at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 17
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 25
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14