May 21, 2012, 9:57 AM EDT
Andrei Kirilenko had to watch from the sidelines with an ankle sprain the last couple games as his team — Russian powerhouse CSKA Moscow — wrapped up another Russian League title after being part of the EuroLeague final four.
So, now what for Kirilenko? Does he stay in Russia? Return to the NBA? If so, where?
“I haven’t decided my future yet. There are 50-50 chances for me to stay or to go. I just want to say that if I stay in Europe, it will be with CSKA Moscow. I won’t play for any other team. I am going to weigh my options. It is going to be a very busy summer” said Kirilenko,
Assuming he does leave for the NBA (and the interviewer thinks he will, if Google Translate did its job right) Kirilenko said that the Utah Jazz and Brooklyn Nets are the “priority.” Utah is where Kirilenko has played before (and they could use him) while Brooklyn is owned by Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov (and they could use anybody).
At some point I expect Kirilenko will return to Russia to play a few more years and finish his career, but I expect him back in the NBA next season.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 17
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona