May 20, 2012, 8:12 PM EDT
The Warriors are making huge changes everywhere since Joe Lacob and Peter Guber took over two years ago. And now there’s word they could be changing zipcodes.
Sources: Warriors have finalized plans to move to San Francisco. Announcement could come as early as Tues. Pier 31/32 arena w/ private $$$.
— Fast Break (@GSWFastBreak) May 20, 2012
The move has been rumored for awhile, but the plans going forward coincides with an incident earlier this year when the Oracle crowd booed Lacob for no apparent reason during the retirement of Chris Mullin’s jersey. The San Jose Mercury News reports that the only major hiccup is parking. You have to wonder if the team will change the name back to San Francisco Warriors, which they were before the move to Oakland. It would cost to change all the merchandise, though.
Hopefully the move wont’ impact the crowd. Oracle Arena has been a madhouse for years regardless of how good or bad the team has been. You don’t want to lose that kind of atmosphere.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 2
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34