May 20, 2012, 8:12 PM EST
The Warriors are making huge changes everywhere since Joe Lacob and Peter Guber took over two years ago. And now there’s word they could be changing zipcodes.
Sources: Warriors have finalized plans to move to San Francisco. Announcement could come as early as Tues. Pier 31/32 arena w/ private $$$.
— Fast Break (@GSWFastBreak) May 20, 2012
The move has been rumored for awhile, but the plans going forward coincides with an incident earlier this year when the Oracle crowd booed Lacob for no apparent reason during the retirement of Chris Mullin’s jersey. The San Jose Mercury News reports that the only major hiccup is parking. You have to wonder if the team will change the name back to San Francisco Warriors, which they were before the move to Oakland. It would cost to change all the merchandise, though.
Hopefully the move wont’ impact the crowd. Oracle Arena has been a madhouse for years regardless of how good or bad the team has been. You don’t want to lose that kind of atmosphere.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 1
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 15
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)