May 20, 2012, 8:12 PM EDT
The Warriors are making huge changes everywhere since Joe Lacob and Peter Guber took over two years ago. And now there’s word they could be changing zipcodes.
Sources: Warriors have finalized plans to move to San Francisco. Announcement could come as early as Tues. Pier 31/32 arena w/ private $$$.
— Fast Break (@GSWFastBreak) May 20, 2012
The move has been rumored for awhile, but the plans going forward coincides with an incident earlier this year when the Oracle crowd booed Lacob for no apparent reason during the retirement of Chris Mullin’s jersey. The San Jose Mercury News reports that the only major hiccup is parking. You have to wonder if the team will change the name back to San Francisco Warriors, which they were before the move to Oakland. It would cost to change all the merchandise, though.
Hopefully the move wont’ impact the crowd. Oracle Arena has been a madhouse for years regardless of how good or bad the team has been. You don’t want to lose that kind of atmosphere.
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 0
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 34
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 4
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 27