May 18, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar went back on a charity/celebrity Jeopardy event (after his classic flub the first time) and still, when he misses, he misses funny.
• In case you never saw Kareem’s first Jeopardy flub, follow this link.
• There are some very high risk/high reward guys in this year’s NBA draft. The exact guys that three years from now you will say “How did you miss him?” or “Why did you take him, he’s terrible?” Guys that get GMs fired.
• Along those same lines, here are the safest picks in the draft, according to Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.
• If you can’t get enough of the Lakers final possession against the Thunder, here is a great breakdown.
• The Lakers Pau Gasol has won the 2012 J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award due to his work on behalf of UNICEF and other medical groups.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 32
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 35
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17