May 18, 2012, 1:40 PM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar went back on a charity/celebrity Jeopardy event (after his classic flub the first time) and still, when he misses, he misses funny.
• In case you never saw Kareem’s first Jeopardy flub, follow this link.
• There are some very high risk/high reward guys in this year’s NBA draft. The exact guys that three years from now you will say “How did you miss him?” or “Why did you take him, he’s terrible?” Guys that get GMs fired.
• Along those same lines, here are the safest picks in the draft, according to Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.
• If you can’t get enough of the Lakers final possession against the Thunder, here is a great breakdown.
• The Lakers Pau Gasol has won the 2012 J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award due to his work on behalf of UNICEF and other medical groups.
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 23
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 34
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19