May 18, 2012, 1:40 PM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar went back on a charity/celebrity Jeopardy event (after his classic flub the first time) and still, when he misses, he misses funny.
• In case you never saw Kareem’s first Jeopardy flub, follow this link.
• There are some very high risk/high reward guys in this year’s NBA draft. The exact guys that three years from now you will say “How did you miss him?” or “Why did you take him, he’s terrible?” Guys that get GMs fired.
• Along those same lines, here are the safest picks in the draft, according to Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.
• If you can’t get enough of the Lakers final possession against the Thunder, here is a great breakdown.
• The Lakers Pau Gasol has won the 2012 J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award due to his work on behalf of UNICEF and other medical groups.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 18
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13