May 18, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar went back on a charity/celebrity Jeopardy event (after his classic flub the first time) and still, when he misses, he misses funny.
• In case you never saw Kareem’s first Jeopardy flub, follow this link.
• There are some very high risk/high reward guys in this year’s NBA draft. The exact guys that three years from now you will say “How did you miss him?” or “Why did you take him, he’s terrible?” Guys that get GMs fired.
• Along those same lines, here are the safest picks in the draft, according to Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.
• If you can’t get enough of the Lakers final possession against the Thunder, here is a great breakdown.
• The Lakers Pau Gasol has won the 2012 J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award due to his work on behalf of UNICEF and other medical groups.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 7
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8