May 18, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar went back on a charity/celebrity Jeopardy event (after his classic flub the first time) and still, when he misses, he misses funny.
• In case you never saw Kareem’s first Jeopardy flub, follow this link.
• There are some very high risk/high reward guys in this year’s NBA draft. The exact guys that three years from now you will say “How did you miss him?” or “Why did you take him, he’s terrible?” Guys that get GMs fired.
• Along those same lines, here are the safest picks in the draft, according to Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.
• If you can’t get enough of the Lakers final possession against the Thunder, here is a great breakdown.
• The Lakers Pau Gasol has won the 2012 J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award due to his work on behalf of UNICEF and other medical groups.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24