May 17, 2012, 2:42 AM EDT
The Lakers had this in the bag, up 7 with two minutes to go. But then the Thunder went and won a game that felt a lot like how the Lakers used to win games — a little bit of luck and some great shots.
The last of the those shots is above. Kevin Durant had not been sharp all game but he demands the ball in the clutch, Metta World Peace gets slowed by the pick, Andrew Bynum switches on to Durant and tries to stay in front of him but cannot, Pau Gasol slides over to help and Durant rises above them for the game winner.
After an unimpressive last Lakers possession, the Thunder get the win and are up 2-0. I’m not working on my Spurs/Thunder series preview yet, but I might start researching it in the next 24 hours.
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. But he liked what LeBron did. 10
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 38
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 70