May 17, 2012, 2:42 AM EDT
The Lakers had this in the bag, up 7 with two minutes to go. But then the Thunder went and won a game that felt a lot like how the Lakers used to win games — a little bit of luck and some great shots.
The last of the those shots is above. Kevin Durant had not been sharp all game but he demands the ball in the clutch, Metta World Peace gets slowed by the pick, Andrew Bynum switches on to Durant and tries to stay in front of him but cannot, Pau Gasol slides over to help and Durant rises above them for the game winner.
After an unimpressive last Lakers possession, the Thunder get the win and are up 2-0. I’m not working on my Spurs/Thunder series preview yet, but I might start researching it in the next 24 hours.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 23
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1