May 17, 2012, 2:42 AM EDT
The Lakers had this in the bag, up 7 with two minutes to go. But then the Thunder went and won a game that felt a lot like how the Lakers used to win games — a little bit of luck and some great shots.
The last of the those shots is above. Kevin Durant had not been sharp all game but he demands the ball in the clutch, Metta World Peace gets slowed by the pick, Andrew Bynum switches on to Durant and tries to stay in front of him but cannot, Pau Gasol slides over to help and Durant rises above them for the game winner.
After an unimpressive last Lakers possession, the Thunder get the win and are up 2-0. I’m not working on my Spurs/Thunder series preview yet, but I might start researching it in the next 24 hours.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11