May 17, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• LeBron James and Kobe Bryant made Forbe’s list of the World’s most powerful celebrities. Of course, they are no J-Lo.
• Walter McCarty, the former Kentucky star who played and coach in the NBA, is now focused on his music.
• McCarty needs to hook up with Warriors’ vice president and general counsel David Kelly, better known as hip hop artist Cap D.
• Is Mike Budenholzer the best and most overlooked lead assistant in the league? A guy who should be getting more job interviews than he does? I agree with Ziller here — yes. If you’ve been Gregg Popovich’s right hand for years, you deserve a shot in the big chair.
• USA Basketball head honcho Jerry Colangelo reminds Mark Cuban and the rest of the NBA owners that Team USA in the Olympics has been a big part of the international growth of the league — meaning it’s put a lot of money in their pockets. So stop complaining.
• Andrei Kirilenko apparently hurt his ankle during the Russian League finals, we don’t think it’s severe but details from Russia are few.
• CSKA Moscow was upset in a dramatic EuroLeague final by Olympiacos Piraeus. In a classy move, the owners of CSKA sent a letter the next day to Olympiacos congratulating them. I’m guessing Micky Arison didn’t do that for Mark Cuban last year.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 5
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18