May 17, 2012, 8:31 AM EDT
Mr. Ewing, Mr. Cho will see you now.
We knew that Patrick Ewing, and Orlando Magic assistant coach, was among the number of good young coaches going to interview for the vacant Charlotte Bobcats coaching gig. Turns out, Ewing is up on Thursday, according to the AP.
So far the Bobcats also have interviewed Mike Malone of Golden State, Cleveland’s Nate Tibbetts, St. John’s Mike Dunlap and Bobcats assistant Stephen Silas (son of former coach Paul Silas). Brian Shaw of Indiana is expected to be interviewed after the Pacers playoff run ends.
Ewing is considered a bit of a longshot for this job because he is friends with Michael Jordan, the Bobcats owner. Jordan has already come under fire for hiring friends to fill key positions and has tried to stay away from that recently with hires such as GM Rich Cho.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6