May 17, 2012, 8:31 AM EDT
Mr. Ewing, Mr. Cho will see you now.
We knew that Patrick Ewing, and Orlando Magic assistant coach, was among the number of good young coaches going to interview for the vacant Charlotte Bobcats coaching gig. Turns out, Ewing is up on Thursday, according to the AP.
So far the Bobcats also have interviewed Mike Malone of Golden State, Cleveland’s Nate Tibbetts, St. John’s Mike Dunlap and Bobcats assistant Stephen Silas (son of former coach Paul Silas). Brian Shaw of Indiana is expected to be interviewed after the Pacers playoff run ends.
Ewing is considered a bit of a longshot for this job because he is friends with Michael Jordan, the Bobcats owner. Jordan has already come under fire for hiring friends to fill key positions and has tried to stay away from that recently with hires such as GM Rich Cho.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 40
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 22
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23