May 17, 2012, 8:31 AM EDT
Mr. Ewing, Mr. Cho will see you now.
We knew that Patrick Ewing, and Orlando Magic assistant coach, was among the number of good young coaches going to interview for the vacant Charlotte Bobcats coaching gig. Turns out, Ewing is up on Thursday, according to the AP.
So far the Bobcats also have interviewed Mike Malone of Golden State, Cleveland’s Nate Tibbetts, St. John’s Mike Dunlap and Bobcats assistant Stephen Silas (son of former coach Paul Silas). Brian Shaw of Indiana is expected to be interviewed after the Pacers playoff run ends.
Ewing is considered a bit of a longshot for this job because he is friends with Michael Jordan, the Bobcats owner. Jordan has already come under fire for hiring friends to fill key positions and has tried to stay away from that recently with hires such as GM Rich Cho.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 20
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14