May 16, 2012, 12:43 PM EST
There will be no fine, no increase to a Flagrant 2 call that would mean a one-game suspension, the league is going to leave the call as it was, tweets Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com. The league does do video review of all flagrant foul calls but somehow they were cool with this outcome.
The definition of a Flagrant 2 is “unnecessary and excessive.” How else would you define what Wade did? Is it that different than the shot Jason Smith of the Hornets put on Blake Griffin? A hit for which Smith was suspended two games?
The league office says yes. The Heat will have Wade for Game 3 in Indiana, where he will certainly get a “warm” reception. If Wade goes 8-22 shooting in Indy like he did in Miami he is going to have to witness a lot more celebrating.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5