May 16, 2012, 12:43 PM EST
There will be no fine, no increase to a Flagrant 2 call that would mean a one-game suspension, the league is going to leave the call as it was, tweets Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com. The league does do video review of all flagrant foul calls but somehow they were cool with this outcome.
The definition of a Flagrant 2 is “unnecessary and excessive.” How else would you define what Wade did? Is it that different than the shot Jason Smith of the Hornets put on Blake Griffin? A hit for which Smith was suspended two games?
The league office says yes. The Heat will have Wade for Game 3 in Indiana, where he will certainly get a “warm” reception. If Wade goes 8-22 shooting in Indy like he did in Miami he is going to have to witness a lot more celebrating.
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 0
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 2
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 25
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)