May 16, 2012, 12:43 PM EST
There will be no fine, no increase to a Flagrant 2 call that would mean a one-game suspension, the league is going to leave the call as it was, tweets Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com. The league does do video review of all flagrant foul calls but somehow they were cool with this outcome.
The definition of a Flagrant 2 is “unnecessary and excessive.” How else would you define what Wade did? Is it that different than the shot Jason Smith of the Hornets put on Blake Griffin? A hit for which Smith was suspended two games?
The league office says yes. The Heat will have Wade for Game 3 in Indiana, where he will certainly get a “warm” reception. If Wade goes 8-22 shooting in Indy like he did in Miami he is going to have to witness a lot more celebrating.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10