May 16, 2012, 12:43 PM EDT
There will be no fine, no increase to a Flagrant 2 call that would mean a one-game suspension, the league is going to leave the call as it was, tweets Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com. The league does do video review of all flagrant foul calls but somehow they were cool with this outcome.
The definition of a Flagrant 2 is “unnecessary and excessive.” How else would you define what Wade did? Is it that different than the shot Jason Smith of the Hornets put on Blake Griffin? A hit for which Smith was suspended two games?
The league office says yes. The Heat will have Wade for Game 3 in Indiana, where he will certainly get a “warm” reception. If Wade goes 8-22 shooting in Indy like he did in Miami he is going to have to witness a lot more celebrating.
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Sixth Man of the Year 14