Lakers’ Bynum, Ebanks fined by league

May 16, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT

Andrew Bynum, Andre Miller AP

As if the Lakers didn’t have enough things going on…

The Lakers Andrew Bynum and Devin Ebanks have been fined, the league office announced Wednesday.

Bynum was fined $15,000 for not making himself available to the media following the Lakers practice on Tuesday. During the playoffs players have to make themselves available at designated times, and the league is not about to start a precedent of allowing guys to skip out on that.

Ebanks was fined $25,000 for his idiotic frustration ejection at the end of the Lakers Game 1 blowout loss to the Thunder. Ebanks shoved Thunder guard Royal Ivey, jawed with him, jawed at the officials, got ejected, knocked over Mike Brown’s chair then took off his jersey walking off the court. He should have been frustrated, all the Lakers should have, but that doesn’t mean he can act like a 3-year-old throwing a tantrum.

1. girouxhasladyballs - May 16, 2012 at 2:44 PM

this is a joke if wade didn’t get anything.

2. nightrain42 - May 16, 2012 at 2:56 PM

No problem with Ebanks fine. But how do u fine Bymum for not tlkng to the media, but Dwade gets nothing for his cheap shot in game2? Talkin bout double standard. Long live Adolph Stern!

• ahemahem - May 16, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Wade almost broke Rondo’s arm last year, and that’s not his only assault.

3. azaanforeal - May 16, 2012 at 3:43 PM

That what i hate abou the Nba….No matter how much stern helps the Miami they wont win anything this year……it crazy that wade didnt get suspended he was frustrated too….stern should just resign…

4. transam7816 - May 16, 2012 at 4:11 PM

“He should have been frustrated, all the Lakers should have, but that doesn’t mean he can act like Bynum.” *

5. ezmagic - May 16, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Stern and the nba make it look so obvious about helping the heat with these fines and nothing done to wade.

6. cowboyfaninut - May 16, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Couldn’t happen to a better team. People are complaining about double standards and yet no one gets more calls in the nba then kobe. Lakers have always been like this when they lose a bunch of babies.

• mightyquinn69 - May 16, 2012 at 8:58 PM

You sound like a straight idiot!

7. jerdogthompson - May 16, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Prepare yourself Faker fans for a long run of lottery ball years & mediocrity. Just saying, enjoy……….

• mightyquinn69 - May 16, 2012 at 8:59 PM

And you must be a Celtic fan, otherwise your team hasn’t won anything, nor can they compare to the Lakers. IDIOTS!

8. jerdogthompson - May 16, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Look, I’m not a Celtic fan. I’m an NBA fan and I calls em likes I sees em OK. The fact you have your proverbial head buried in the sand doesn’t make me an idiot. I will wait until you google the definition of that word and wait with baited breathe for your articulate response. Enjoy the run Faker fan.

9. jerdogthompson - May 16, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Mightyquinn, perhaps you can educate me on how great the Fakers are? Without googling it, please tell me. How many Laker titles have you been a fan of? How many did they have before the moved to LA? Where does the name Laker originate from? I don’t even like the Fakers and I can answer those without googling them. Please Mightyquinn, enlighten us all. If my words are too difficult, just let me know, I can dumb it down as I do for all Faker fans. Enjoy mediocrity, it’s all yours.

10. lemfax - May 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM

It’s look like the lakers will win tonight. They got 8 players in the court.

11. threedeep1998 - May 17, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Epic last post

12. greej1938l - May 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I want some new teams to win already. Get the lakers outa there. As for Ebanks who cares what he does…I don’t even know his first name that’s how good he is.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches