May 16, 2012, 1:22 PM EDT
The Orlando Magic have some big decisions to make: Do they bring back general manager Otis Smith? Do they bring back coach Stan Van Gundy, even though their star Dwight Howard is not a fan? Can they get Howard to sign an extension or should they trade him? What should they do if Jameer Nelson opts out of the last year of his deal?
Orlando has to tackle them in that order, and they haven’t yet finished question one. Here is the update from the Orlando Sentinel.
Orlando Magic CEO Alex Martins said Tuesday night that his evaluation process of the team’s basketball operations department is still ongoing.
“No decisions have been reached,” Martins told the Orlando Sentinel via text message.
The team reportedly has had talks with Adonal Foyle as a replacement for Smith at GM. Martins is not rushing, but soon — with the draft, with free agency looming — some decisions will have to be reached. They are not there yet, but soon they will have to be.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 0
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 7
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6