May 16, 2012, 1:22 PM EDT
The Orlando Magic have some big decisions to make: Do they bring back general manager Otis Smith? Do they bring back coach Stan Van Gundy, even though their star Dwight Howard is not a fan? Can they get Howard to sign an extension or should they trade him? What should they do if Jameer Nelson opts out of the last year of his deal?
Orlando has to tackle them in that order, and they haven’t yet finished question one. Here is the update from the Orlando Sentinel.
Orlando Magic CEO Alex Martins said Tuesday night that his evaluation process of the team’s basketball operations department is still ongoing.
“No decisions have been reached,” Martins told the Orlando Sentinel via text message.
The team reportedly has had talks with Adonal Foyle as a replacement for Smith at GM. Martins is not rushing, but soon — with the draft, with free agency looming — some decisions will have to be reached. They are not there yet, but soon they will have to be.
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 1
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 44
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 43