May 16, 2012, 1:22 PM EDT
The Orlando Magic have some big decisions to make: Do they bring back general manager Otis Smith? Do they bring back coach Stan Van Gundy, even though their star Dwight Howard is not a fan? Can they get Howard to sign an extension or should they trade him? What should they do if Jameer Nelson opts out of the last year of his deal?
Orlando has to tackle them in that order, and they haven’t yet finished question one. Here is the update from the Orlando Sentinel.
Orlando Magic CEO Alex Martins said Tuesday night that his evaluation process of the team’s basketball operations department is still ongoing.
“No decisions have been reached,” Martins told the Orlando Sentinel via text message.
The team reportedly has had talks with Adonal Foyle as a replacement for Smith at GM. Martins is not rushing, but soon — with the draft, with free agency looming — some decisions will have to be reached. They are not there yet, but soon they will have to be.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14