May 16, 2012, 1:22 PM EDT
The Orlando Magic have some big decisions to make: Do they bring back general manager Otis Smith? Do they bring back coach Stan Van Gundy, even though their star Dwight Howard is not a fan? Can they get Howard to sign an extension or should they trade him? What should they do if Jameer Nelson opts out of the last year of his deal?
Orlando has to tackle them in that order, and they haven’t yet finished question one. Here is the update from the Orlando Sentinel.
Orlando Magic CEO Alex Martins said Tuesday night that his evaluation process of the team’s basketball operations department is still ongoing.
“No decisions have been reached,” Martins told the Orlando Sentinel via text message.
The team reportedly has had talks with Adonal Foyle as a replacement for Smith at GM. Martins is not rushing, but soon — with the draft, with free agency looming — some decisions will have to be reached. They are not there yet, but soon they will have to be.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 84
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20