May 16, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
Really? The celebration is his problem?
Indiana was one fired up team after they knocked off the Heat in Game 2 Tuesday night, tying that series at 1-1. As they should have been. It was a big road playoff win that should give them a measure of respect among people who just didn’t realize how good Indiana was. Sure, it wasn’t pretty, but basketball does not have a judge to award style points.
Dwyane Wade — after a frustrating game for him, frustrations he took out on Darren Collison with a cheap shot — thought the Pacers post-game celebration was over the top. Here’s the quote, via Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
“I heard they wanted to be like the Dallas Mavericks, in a sense,” Wade said about an apparent reference to Pacers coach Frank Vogel using last year’s Mavs team, which beat the Heat in Miami for the title, as motivation for Indiana. “I saw their little celebration at the end of (Game 2). I don’t know if they didn’t expect to win, but every night we go out on the court, we expect to win…
“They say their identity, they say they want to be like Dallas,” Wade said. “So they celebrated like Dallas, I guess.”
Really Dwyane, that’s where you’re going to pull your motivation from?
Because the rest of us see it as ironic. Here is that “wild” Pacers celebration.
That was followed by a television interview where David West talked about how one win shouldn’t be celebrated because the Pacers expect to win the series. It was West waving them off the court. That seemed appropriate.
No, Dwyane, an excessive celebration over nothing looks like this.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 2
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 40
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11